Rallychef's first ever group build

Rallychef

well here goes, Fairly new to forums, new to group builds and never built a car without rally plates on the door!!........so please be gentle with me.

No suitable cars in the stash ~ all competition cars ~ but 08/08/08 is my lucky number~ it's my birthday ....The better half come up with this

07386.jpg

Revell Dodge Viper SRT10 1:25

Done a bit of research on web I think we will go with a different colour from the box & racing stripes (well it had to have some motorsport conection)

anyway birthday celebrations are calling. The workshop will have to wait untill tomorrow.

Cheers Ian

(Rallychef)

done a bit of surfin on the web, Dodge's US site well recomended. interactive site allowing you to try all combinations of colours, Wheels & interiors

got it down to these two,

windowslivewriterhennesseytuneddodg.jpgViper-green-md1.png

Viper GTS Blue or Viper Snakeskin Green

Which one do you think folks

Regards

Ian

Thanks for the input folks, sorry diesel donkey, only one build ~ boss sez too many cars still in the stash !!!

We will go with the Viper GTS Blue, White racing stripes, Roof down and leather interior with blue accents, hopefully something like this :~

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

The build propper starts in the morning as I have got some time off owing.

Regards

Ian

Edited by Rallychef

Rallychef Posted Today, 09:59 PM

sorry diesel donkey, only one build ~ boss sez too many cars still in the stash !!!

:lol: Funnily enough Ian I get the same comments from my senior management, bless her.

My choice would have been the blue too. The interior looks mighty fine.

I look forward to seeing some more.

Good luck with the build. :thumbsup2:

Made a start on the prep of the bodyshell yesterday. Really pleased, no sink marks and very few mould lines to sand ~ things are looking good.

That was short lived, some test fitting of the other body panels find huge gaps, most of the morning spent fettling, filling and sanding, even the seats have huge gaps at the mating surfaces.

IMG_0828.jpg

The evening was spent putting primer on the bodywork, I made a real hash of the bonnet (or should that be hood!!) hence more sanding required

IMG_0826.jpg

The interior was primed also.

IMG_0825.jpg

Today we shall try to make this:-

IMG_0830.jpg

into this:-

engine.png

well the workshop is calling

Regards

Ian

Edited by Rallychef

You've made a good start Ian.

I can see what you mean about the fit, there are some big gaps there arnt there.

What went wrong with the bonnet ?

The pic of the interior molding looks good. Some nice detail there.

That motor looks grrrrr reat........The heart of the beast.

Thanks for that folks, well diesel donkey, I fogot to prime the bonnet, and I had already put the spray booth away in the garage. As I hadn't cleaned the airbrush I thought I would give it a quick spray on the workbench. Unfortunatly the brush kicked up some debris From the bench and deposited it on the paintwork :suicide:

Anyway its sanded down and will get a fresh coat when I do the white primer coat on Thurs (no build on Wed!)

Cheers everyone

Ian

Bad news, Mrs Rallychef is off to buy gloss paint & wallpaper tomorrow, I think this build is going to slow down for the next few days :badmood:

Anyway, progress yesterday & today, engine parts airbrushed and assembled then detail finished off with a fine brush

IMG_0839.jpg

wish me luck with the decorating, speak to you all after the weekend.

Regards

Ian

Very nice mill Ian.

Is the Viper graphic on the rocker box dry-brushed or a decal ? whichever, the motor looks the Mutts :thumbsup2:

:hmmm: Didn't someone take a Viper V10 & build a motorcycle around it ? :mental:

Good luck with the d-e-c-o-r-a-t-i-n-g I shudder as I type that, its a four letter word in this house :shocked:

sorry for the poor quality of the engine photo, the batteries went on the camara, as we live out in the sticks, I'll not get some more untill Sat. Was'nt sure wether to use decal on engine, or drybrush. started with decal, looks fine so i will stick with that.

more after the weekend

Ian

Edited by Rallychef

Had a bad week, didn't even get the decorating done, Mrs Rallychef been very poorly. Shes on the mend now so I have snuck into the workshop for a few hours.

managed to get the dashboard painted & decals set also the doorcards finished.

IMG_0844.jpg

Also managed to get the interior tub painted, focking for the carpet & rear parcel shelf.

IMG_0846.jpg

hopefully tomorrow I will get the seats fitted and dash, doorcards etc. to finish the cars interior

till then cheers

Ian

thanks for yourcomments folks,

Managed to get interior tub & engine bay finished today

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

thats about all untll after the weekend, I'm off to support the subaru convoy as it passes through or region for the Colin Mcrae memorial run on Sat, (Lanark - Prodrive, Banbury) then back to work for a few days.

Until next week

cheers Ian