Zero on the manor at hannants

Mentalguru

£26 is a bit steep for such a small plane and I've still got one of the old Tamiya kits and two Hasegawas in the stash.

Paul Harrison

Geez you guys are being ripped off royally, this kit has been on sale at the usual Asian on-line sites for a month now for about £14.

£26 is a bit keen :hypnotised:

I ordered one from HLJ the other week. I don't order from them often but I saw this one and combined it with one of those special Fine Molds ones that came with that magazine a while back. I'm sure the HLJ price was about £16, but the postage was loads and I might get hit by customs as well so I've probably diddled myself in the long run :shrug:

Jen.

Got mine this morning, shipped on the 4th and arrived today!

First (very very quick as I was on the way out the door to work) impressions are extremely favourable. Most of the older Tamya kits I own have very deeply inscribed surface detail, crisp, but very deep. This kit is quite the opposite, the detail is incredibly finely done. If it builds even half as well as it looks in the box it'll be a winner!

Jen.

I gave in and bought one from Hannants London.

Nice kit.

Indubitably old bean. Was with you at time of said procurement, and was jolly tempted too. Could one see the juices eminating from me, as I contemplated buying a new kit, and increasing my stash, at a time when I committed to the path of stash reduction? In fact, for this beautiful kit, resistance is futile, and I will give in to my desire, soon, very soon... Truely, a kit beyond measure!

£26 is a bit keen :hypnotised:

I ordered one from HLJ the other week. I don't order from them often but I saw this one and combined it with one of those special Fine Molds ones that came with that magazine a while back. I'm sure the HLJ price was about £16, but the postage was loads and I might get hit by customs as well so I've probably diddled myself in the long run :shrug:

Jen.

Jen. . read my lips. . . USE RAINBOW-10 NOT HLJ!

Never been hit for customs from R-10 in ten years. Was hit every time I used HLJ latterly. R-10's customs declarations are more inventive than HLJ's, which is R-10's problem if it goes pear shaped, not yours. That said I don't see the major issue with £27. . . . I'm not interested enough in the Zero to pay it, but if you are you will, and if you're not you won't. Still three quid cheaper than the Thunderbolt was 3-4 years ago.

Still three quid cheaper than the Thunderbolt was 3-4 years ago.

But still more expensive that two beautifully moulded Eduard Hellcats, with two sheets of colour etch, two sets of plain etch, two sets of masks, a brand new sprue with lovely rockets & 6 beautifully printed British decal options....!!! :blink:

I'm so glad that Japanese aircraft (apart from the Raiden!) do absolutely nothing for me! :D

Keef

Mine arrived from HLJ a couple of days back. Absolutely lovely looking kit and I look forward to seeing it square up across the cabinet from the Eduard Hellcat. The five pilot figures are a nice little bonus too. I combined my purchase with an egg-plane F-16 and was delighted to see it came with Dutch decals. Very weird concept, but great fun.

The Zeke was about £15.50 + £4 p&p by slow boat from Japan, but still only a couple of weeks. Beats 27 quid plus postage from Lowestoft!

Steve.

Edited by Bennygman

Lets not be too quick to condemn. Wanna pay some keen prices? By some RC stuff.

This one has a LOT to offer over previous kits. The tooling seems to be very finely done and then there are the crewmen.

"Kit - 115 parts in grey plastic (aircraft); eight parts in clear; four standing pilot figures made up of 21 additional grey plastic parts; polythene caps; self-adhesive canopy masking sheet; decals for three marking options...

All-new tooling; state-of-the-art quality in terms of moulding and surface features; wonderful detail; useful options including alternate drop tanks, positionable flaps, open and closed cowl flaps; three-part canopy; accurate; includes four standing Japanese pilot figures; high quality decals.

Tamiya has done it again.

Although Hasegawa's A6M family is accurate and quite well detailed, Tamiya's new kit easily snatches the crown as best 1/48 scale Zero.

Tamiya's A6M5/5a is beautifully detailed, with perhaps the best 1/48 scale cockpit straight from the box seen to date. Options are very useful, and the model is a pleasure to build thanks to the thoughtful planning of Tamiya's designers.

Even if you are not a big fan of Japanese aircraft, you would be doing yourself a favour by sampling the sheer excellence of Tamiya's new 1/48 scale Mitsubishi A6M5/5a Zero.

I do hope that Tamiya will be working through the whole Zero family..." - - Brett Green

About the Model

- The Model 52 featured additional wing-mounted machine guns with belt-feed system. The Model 52 kou, with greater ammunition load can also be depicted.

- Parts for the Model 52 kou's lengthened spinner, main wing panels, gun covers, and external fuel tank are also included to enable accurate reproduction.

- The main wing flaps can be set in an up or down position.

- A removable 300 liter metal belly tank is included.

- The one-piece engine cowl is made from precision-crafted plastic, and cowl flaps can be posed in opened or closed positions.

- There are 2 types of markings for the Model 52, and 1 kind of marking for the Model 52 kou.

- 4 pilot figures in various lifelike poses also included.

This where new kits from the Asian Monolith's are running these days, when bought at retail. The trick is to find discounts and wait, or get it now as a gotta have.

The money, and choice, are both yours.

Edited by dahut