SpänViggen

Nice work, Martin.

You've given the tank some decent location pins, and I'm sure the fins you add will be a whole lot more true to scale, judging by the indications on the bag. Looking forward to more pics when available.

Andrew.

2*2mm styrene rod - ought to fix it well enough! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

More work done at last!

Gun pack and gasbag with new fins

JA37Di015.jpg

JA37Di016.jpg

Let's see how it fits then

JA37Di017.jpg

Looks promising, but :hmmm:

JA37Di018.jpg

Oh bugger! :angry: Not too keen on remaking those fins...

BOL rails. The white strip at the nose needs sanding

JA37Di019.jpg

JA37Di020.jpg

Overall not too bad, after several tries :)

Finally the upper wings. There were some ejector-pin marks on the inside of them. I thought the plastic looked a bit flimsy there, so decided to fill them in, resulting in massive sink-marks on the outside :banghead: Those have been filled and are now drying <_< Same story on the underside, but no pic's of it

JA37Di021.jpg

All for now

:hmmm: Youve done it to me again Martin, snuck one in when I wasnt looking, thus making me late to the party.........again :tease:

Looking good so far, the office looks very good, and Im looking forwards to seeing this one done, especially the paint job :thumbsup2:

Bex

:hmmm: Youve done it to me again Martin, snuck one in when I wasnt looking, thus making me late to the party.........again :tease:

Looking good so far, the office looks very good, and Im looking forwards to seeing this one done, especially the paint job :thumbsup2:

Bex

Thanks Bex. If you're expecting splinter on this one, you'll be disappointed :)

Thanks Bex. If you're expecting splinter on this one, you'll be disappointed :)

Youre doing it as a grey one, judging by the airliners.net photo? Mind you, that doesnt look that easy either :thumbsup2:

Bex

All I would suggest, is using some sort of wash to make the details ‘pop’ out a little more on the pilot, and in the cockpit.

If you’re not sure how it’s going to turn out, just use a wash made from watercolour paint and a little soap.

That way if you think you’ve messed it up you can just stick it under a tap to hopefully remove the wash.

Mart :)

Very nicely done so far. Will you add engine exhaust detail cos its inflight? I was messing with my viggen kit a few days ago and found the turbine disc/piece in the italeri f-16 falcon kit is a nice size and roughly accurate for the viggen.

cheers, will

Hi All!

Chattting to Marting on MSN:

"I'm unable to access Britmodeller? It keeps timing out on me"

So he wants to share more with us but BritMod won't let him in at the moment :)

D

I've been looking at Martin's settings, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong our end. I suspect it's a problem with his local server somehow :hmmm: Tell him to keep trying, cos we like Viggens :thumbsup:

YES!!! It's fecking working again! :worthy:

Some more piccies

L/h intake

JA37Di022.jpg

The grey bit is filler. The whole root of the canard is a cavity on the inside of the intake

JA37Di023.jpg

Ok join

JA37Di024.jpg

Not on the top tho' :wacko:

JA37Di025.jpg

JA37Di026.jpg

It's being addressed :) The r/h intake isn't anywhere near as bad

Started the nozzle too. I might still add some sort of fan in there. Citadel Chaos Black and Tin Bitz colours

JA37Di027.jpg

I'll think about the wash Mart. I wasn't planning on it (hoping for a quick build :fool: ), but as it's going I might as well do some more :)

All for now

Wow Martin she looks like she wants to fight you every step of the way!

D

ps. Welcome back hehehe

Yet more work done :)

BOL rails about ready for paint

JA37Di028.jpg

I might need to do something about that ejector-pin mark tho'

R/h intake with some plastic strips on. Looks worse than it is

JA37Di029.jpg

JA37Di030.jpg

L/h intake :wacko:

JA37Di031.jpg

JA37Di032.jpg

JA37Di033.jpg

JA37Di034.jpg

Added strips like on the r/h one, sanded it down and applied putty. Putty's drying right now, then more sanding.

U95 ECM pod beginning to take shape. Body made from an Airfix BOZ and an LAU nose fairing from a Hase weapons set. Glued some plasticard around the BOZ to get the thickness about right.

JA37Di035.jpg

Still a lot of work to do.

Decals :yahoo:

JA37Di036.jpg

Nozzle, now with fan - thanks for that tip Will :thumbsup:

JA37Di037.jpg

All for now

Heyup Martin - don't forget to put in that little slot at the bottom of the intakes, which slows down the air to subsonic speeds. The prototypes didn't have them, and that looks like what the Heller and Esci designers based their research on for at least that part of the airframe :)

Dude the burner can looks sweet! Pray tell how did you do it?
Pilfered the fan-face from an Italeri Viper (Dirty Diana boxing :bouncy: ), painted it MM flat black, added details with Citadel Tin Bitz and Boltgun Metal and glued it into place - job done!
Heyup Martin - don't forget to put in that little slot at the bottom of the intakes, which slows down the air to subsonic speeds. The prototypes didn't have them, and that looks like what the Heller and Esci designers based their research on for at least that part of the airframe :)
:pardon: Any pic's of that boss?

:pardon: Any pic's of that boss?

Your wish is my command:

800px-Saab_37_Viggen.JPG

SwAF_JAS35_Viggen.JPG

I've got some more pics in the workshop on my memory key, but that's shut up for the night. Let me know if you're interested :)

btw - the Viper front end you pinched... is that a realistic substitute, or just kinda looks like it? I noticed the great big 'orrible 'ole at the rear of the Airfix 1:48 Viggen the other day as I perused the box, and thought it needed a serious bit of work :S

Thanks Mike! I think I see what you mean, but some more pictures would be nice :) Will (alrite) suggested the fan from the Ita Viper and he said it was "reasonably accurate". A quick look only produced this picture, which doesn't show much but at least it doesn't prove him wrong! The F100 is from P&W as is the JT8D that the RM8A/B were developed from.

Where's that SF?

BTW, Rebell Hobby have a 1/48 engine front end.

Thanks Will. Amazing when you consider the state of my workbench :lol:

Edited by hatchet

Thanks Mike! I think I see what you mean, but some more pictures would be nice :) Will (alrite) suggested the fan from the Ita Viper and he said it was "reasonably accurate". A quick look only produced this picture, which doesn't show much but at least it doesn't prove him wrong! The F100 is from P&W as is the JT8D that the RM8A/B were developed from.

I've got better pics of the burner area somewhere. Guess where? In the workshop! :doh: Tell you what, PM me your home address & I'll burn them to a CD & send them over the very cold sea ;)

I've got better pics of the burner area somewhere. Guess where? In the workshop! :doh: Tell you what, PM me your home address & I'll burn them to a CD & send them over the very cold sea ;)
There's a plan! PM coming boss
some awesome walkarounds on this site;

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_coli...ndex.php?Page=4

I wonder why I never think about Prime Portal :banghead: Thanks Will, looks like it'll work fine with the Ita piece :)