FGR.2 Phantoms in foreign service. (profiles).

Gekko_1

Harald, the answer to that question is definitely yes. But, I'm not sure yet when. May not be until next year as I'm extremely busy right now with a few other projects.

Cheers

Richard.

Richard,

Just let me know on the how, where, when how much and all that...

Harald

:goodjob:

ps can you PLEASE!!!!!! do a combo sheet with the Somlai one????? please, huh huh can ya, please please??? :P

Edited by PhantomPhreakII

• 5 months later...
Great to see some new profiles Richard- I love the (F-14?) Kill markings on the second Phantom!

Yes, 2 Iranian F-14's and an Su-24 Fencer, plus an Iranian Patrol boat.

Cheers

Richard.

Always glad to see some more of these profiles.....

:hmmm: Operation Hormuz Shield - is there another back story in the pipeline ?

There is a story bouncing around in my head somewhere. :evil_laugh: Next are the Japanese Navy FGR.2 Phantoms Operating off the Carrier Akagi (ex-USS Midway)! Both the Akagi and Hampton Grey are operating in the Straits of Hormuz protecting the shipping lanes from Iranian and Iraqi air and sea threats.

Cheers

Richard.

AN F-4 with F-14 kill markings... me likes very much...

Got an FGr.2 somewhere......all reserve it for those decals (nudge, nudge, wink, wink... :analintruder: )

Harald

Indeed! I MUST do decals for these! But wait, first I must do the Japanese Navy Phantoms! I think they are going to look spectacular!

Cheers

Richard.

Had an accident last night......................................and this happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :analintruder:

Candice.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I REALLY like this one! :yahoo:

I've decided, in regards to the story, that four of VF871 Squadron's Phantoms wear this disruptive camouflage scheme and all have a girls name on the intake, both port and starboard sides. All four names start with the letter "C", hence "Candice". The other three are Cristina, Claire and Charlotte.

Cheers

Richard

Had an accident last night......................................and this happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, that's pretty cool - that was a happy accident!! How's the decal sheet going Richard....??!! I do wish you'd stop it with these distractions....!! :P (just kidding, I think they're absolutely tremendous!! :D )

Keef

Edited by keefr22

I was thinking about possible warloads for some of these profiles this morning and came up with the seed if an idea: what would an FGR2 fitted with the camera nose from the RF4 look like in some of these schemes: certainly the carrier based operators would need an organic reconnaissance capability...

• 1 month later...

OK guys, here's the first of the Japanese Navy FGR.2 Phantoms.

Godzillaweb.jpg

Eventually there will be a total of 24 of these Japanese Phantoms making up the Attack Wing on board the JNS Akagi (ex-USS Midway). Each will have 'nose art' on the intake area, where you see "Godzilla" on this example. The sister squadron will be camouflaged in the blue on blue scheme as seen on the Mitsubishi F.2.

VF-721 Mizuchi is responsible for air to air coverage of the fleet and the sister squadron VF-??? is responsible for air to ground engagements, however as necessity requires both squadrons can intermix roles.

Godzilla has shot down a combination of 2 F-14 Tomcats, 2 F-4E Phantoms and 2 UAV's.

Cheers

Richard.

OK guys, here's the first of the Japanese Navy FGR.2 Phantoms.

Godzillaweb.jpg

Eventually there will be a total of 24 of these Japanese Phantoms making up the Attack Wing on board the JNS Akagi (ex-USS Midway). Each will have 'nose art' on the intake area, where you see "Godzilla" on this example. The sister squadron will be camouflaged in the blue on blue scheme as seen on the Mitsubishi F.2.

VF-721 Mizuchi is responsible for air to air coverage of the fleet and the sister squadron VF-??? is responsible for air to ground engagements, however as necessity requires both squadrons can intermix roles.

Godzilla has shot down a combination of 2 F-14 Tomcats, 2 F-4E Phantoms and 2 UAV's.

Cheers

Richard.

Uh Oh......

Seems like I need to buy some more FGR.2's.....

Dayum.....

Harald

Uh Oh......

Seems like I need to buy some more FGR.2's.....

Dayum.....

Harald

Exactly! Would you please stop this temptation Richard!! :D

Keef

PS wouldn't they have been more likely to be FG1's......??

Edited by keefr22

PS wouldn't they have been more likely to be FG1's......??

I'm not sure? What's the significance/difference???

Richard.

I'm not sure? What's the significance/difference???

Richard.

The FG1 was developed for the Royal Navy so was fitted with underwing attachments for the a catapult strop, slotted tailplanes and an extendable nose gear leg whilst the FGR2 was developed as a land based aircraft for the Royal Air Force, although, with the exception of the slotted tailplane the two types are virtually identical.

Edited by Richard E

The FG1 was developed for the Royal Navy so was fitted with underwing attachments for the a catapult strop, slotted tailplanes and an extendable nose gear leg whilst the FGR2 was developed as a land based air craft for the Royal Air Force.

There you go! Thanks Richard, saved me typing! :speak_cool::D

K

Ah right, thanks for the info guys. Might have to make them FGR.3's though as they have also been updated with GPS, ECM upgrades, a CRT screen and other mods to be able to handle the various updated munitions that they will carry.

Now I have to amend the profile with slotted tailplanes!

Cheers

Richard.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...