Subaru S9 WRC

Shiloh

Okay folks. After the deadline was extended for a month I reckon I can get this done. My entry will be Emma McKinstry's Scooby S9 from Rally Ireland 2007. The 2003 WR car in my avatar! I've actually built 5 of these on commision from Emma. This will be mine!

0302ad15f1.jpg

The decals are home made as is the dash. The base is the 2005 Monte Carlo S11 Tamiya kit. This means I need to use the Reji S9 bumper and rebuild the car as RHD. Pics will follow once my hosting site allows me to access my account.

Edited by Shiloh

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks after the joys of having 8 stitches put in my hand and subsequently having to watch this sit for so long I can now report all is well (though there's still no feeling in me thumb), so time to pick this up again. Pics in a while.

Andy the decals are done on the laser simply cause the car's white I can get away with most of them. I plan to dig the Xsara out of the stash and eventually get round to Gigi's yoke. If Mani's are as good as those I'll have a set. I bought the S12 but have plans for it and the dash, so I've hacked a couple up and after a lot of filling and sanding think it sort of looks okay.

What I do need is a helpful bod who can cast me up a few more S9 bumpers as Emma now wants more and I can only find 1 and from what the guys say Reji don't plan on releasing anymore.

Well folks after the joys of having 8 stitches put in my hand and subsequently having to watch this sit for so long I can now report all is well (though there's still no feeling in me thumb), so time to pick this up again. Pics in a while.

Ouch!!! You don't have to show pics, I believe you :analintruder:

Andy the decals are done on the laser simply cause the car's white I can get away with most of them. I plan to dig the Xsara out of the stash and eventually get round to Gigi's yoke. If Mani's are as good as those I'll have a set. I bought the S12 but have plans for it and the dash, so I've hacked a couple up and after a lot of filling and sanding think it sort of looks okay.

What I do need is a helpful bod who can cast me up a few more S9 bumpers as Emma now wants more and I can only find 1 and from what the guys say Reji don't plan on releasing anymore.

I'm at a local IPMS event this weekend and am taking a few bodies to decal/demonstrate. I had to put my Gigi Xsara body in the gunk, so that'll be one that's being redone. It'd be nice to see one finished :) I've got a good idea for the snow tyres in resin as well so PM me here or at Pat's and we'll talk.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after my house trying to electrocute me I'll not get a chance to finish this. I'll post it in the ready for inspection section when I get it finished.

Well after my house trying to electrocute me I'll not get a chance to finish this. I'll post it in the ready for inspection section when I get it finished.

Never mind fella - post up some pics when you can :)

• 2 weeks later...