English Electric Lightning T4

theplasticsurgeon

It's raining here now - so I'm glad I completed the airbrushing yesterday.

I had frame the canopy prior to masking - so this is how it came out.

AA_Lightning002-6.jpg

I'm really unsure about that patch on Port leading edge.

AA_Lightning003-2.jpg

However I'm going to try to loose it in several coats of Klear, before the decals.

By the way, what's the green stuff you used as a mask, and how does it compare to Tamiya tape?

That green stuff is Poundland electical insulation tape - an unsuccessful experiment, now I think about it.

Stopped the paint getting through, but did leave residue on removal.

I'll go back to the usual method of bordering masked area with Tamiya, then masking main area with a combination of paper and Copydex.

That green stuff is Poundland electical insulation tape - an unsuccessful experiment, now I think about it.

Stopped the paint getting through, but did leave residue on removal.

I'll go back to the usual method of bordering masked area with Tamiya, then masking main area with a combination of paper and Copydex.

Well even for what you call an 'unsuccessful' experiment, it doesn't seem to have had that much effect as it still looks great in the photo's!

All the best,

Bunster.

Declaring completion, objective achieved - Firestreaks now fitted.

AA_Lightning007.jpg

It's been a good one.

AA_Lightning008.jpg

And now from the underneath

AA_Lightning009.jpg

My next project is 2 single seat Lightnings - do you want to see more of the same?

These will be fairly quick builds of an F3 and an F6. Both will be silver, and straight from the box - apart from leftovers from this project. I can't commit them to the Britmodeller table - otherwise there will be nothing on the IPMS Gloucester stand.

• 3 weeks later...