What ya Building

seanrgb

When I've completed my Racing Truck for the Motor Sport GB I'll be building this for this GB.

Probably with a two tone paint job. I hope ^_^

2008_0731Yank-GB0001.jpg

Or maybe this one :unsure:

2008_0731Yank-GB0005.jpg

Or then again I might build something else, who knows :hmmm::shrug:

Sod all for me too!

I have a few car kits in the stash but nothing too inspiring. Will take a closer look over the weekend and maybe buy something new.

Craig.

First time in a long while I had to buy a kit. I picked up the 1966 Shelby Mustang 350H. Will probably not stay as this, have an Eleanor transkit on the way from Stradsports. Pic's later.

ive got the Revell 1966 Chevrolet El Camino "2 in 1" kit to enter in this. im looking forward to researching some nice paint jobs and mods

31ofBqE-lpL._AA160_.jpg

Edited by paul_c

Heya...am I on time to join this GB? I have an AMT Charger "General Lee" asking to be build!!

I'm a charger

That charges through the night

Like an orange bolt of lightning

Passing everything in sight

I'm the best pal the Duke boys ever had

I'm thunder on the highway looking bad, bad, bad

I'm a knight

Like the kind in shining armor

With my polished body gleaming

I'm a fighter and a charger

If trouble comes your way just ask for me

My friends all know me as the General Lee

I'm the General Lee

A pistol pumping steel belted cavalry

I'll never let you down when you're riding with me

Buckle up and I'll show you what I mean

Take a look back there

Sirens going, red lights flashing everywhere

We'll cross the field and we'll be running free

They'll eat dust with compliments of me

The General Lee

I'm a hero

And that's how I'll make you feel

When you're riding shotgun with me

And the law is at your heels

I'm glory bound but when the chase is done

I'll take off through the mountains and have fun, fun, fun

I've got style

Tearing through the curves

Let my flag wave proudly to the people that I serve

I'm number one and I will always be

The pride of the south they call the General Lee

I'm the General Lee

A pistol pumping steel belted cavalry

I'll never let you down when you're riding with me

Buckle up and I'll show you what I mean

Take a look back there

Sirens going, red lights flashing everywhere

I'll jump that pond and we'll be running free

And they'll go swimming compliments of me

The General Lee

The General Lee

The General Lee

Mr. Johnny Cash...YEEEEE-HAW!

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=QCc3PtBK8sw

Edited by Rodrigo

Since were talking Americana here im gonna Supersize my entry. Currently looking at Revell 1/16 Camaro Iroc or Pontiac GTA. Or if i get brave 1/8 '79 Trans Am, '81 Turbo T/A or '82 Vette.

Edited by mungo1974

Just a quick question chaps...

Would this qualify for the GB?

cobramodel.jpg

Seems straightforward, but I've had this kit for a while with the intention of turning it into this:

MyOtherToy.jpg

cobrainside.jpg

which is one of my weekend toys.

The trouble is that I'd be converting it into right hand drive and putting British plates on it, and it'd actually be a model of a car that was built near Birmingham!

Does that disqualify it from being in the AMERICAN car GB?

Let me know either way, as I'm wondering what to do next after my Spitfire for the BoB GB.

Cheers,

Dean

Dean: It's an American built car, even with the right hand drive..IMO..but our G.B. moderator needs to decide... :thumbsup2:

Cheers,

ggc

Dean: It's an American built car, even with the right hand drive..IMO..but our G.B. moderator needs to decide... :thumbsup2:

Cheers,

ggc

Hmmm debatable. The AC Cobra was derived fromthe AC Ace a UK desined and built car. The Cobra exists cos of Carroll Shelby but is not truly an American designed car. Still the final decision lies with the mods.

Is a Harrier II an UK or US design?

H

Thanks for the input chaps, and for what it's worth I personally don't think you can get more American than a 427 Cobra. However, the lineage of the real Cobra wasn't my question:

As I'm going to be building it as a model of MY Cobra replica (which is most definitely British made), would it qualify for this group build, which is for American cars only? The more I think about it, the more I think the answer is going to be no...

Cheers,

Dean

Umm The Cobra bit debatable ..same as The GT40 , And of course nearly all of the Indy cars ..which we know are mostly British (Reynard ,LOLA etc)

So I'm going to go with a Yes on this

I think Americans will argue these cars are American ..Same as us Arguing there British

So Go for it

The Hooded Claw Posted Today, 08:36 PM

Hmmm debatable. The AC Cobra was derived fromthe AC Ace a UK desined and built car. The Cobra exists cos of Carroll Shelby but is not truly an American designed car. Still the final decision lies with the mods. Is a Harrier II an UK or US design?

A good point HC & to some extent I agree with you, but can you realy compare the British designed & built AC Ace with the American designed & built AC Cobra :hmmm:.

Sure they have a similar shape but in my opinion thats the only common trait.

Under the hood of the Cobra beats a big 427ci Ford motor. The Ace's early motor was I believe a 2L streight 6. And if I understand correctly the later ones had the straight 6 MK2 Ford Zephyr motor. Ford engines are American after all. Other major differences include the Cobra's performance chassis, bigger wheels & finaly the body shell was made bigger & wider.

I've got nothing against the AC Ace, its a beautiful & very British car & I'd be overjoyed to own one. True, Carroll Shelby took the AC Ace concept & morphed it into the Cobra. But personaly, I feel that the snarling beast that is the AC Cobra is as American as burger & fries, but hay, thats my opinion.

Apologies for my ignorance HC but I'm afraide I dont know what a Harrier II is. I guess your saying "Is a Butterfly a Caterpillar, or, is a Caterpillar a Butterfly". Or maybe one in the same. :shrug: Nah, I dun`no either. Lets let the mods decide ahe.

Good luck with this tangle Mods.

[/color]

A good point HC & to some extent I agree with you, but can you realy compare the British designed & built AC Ace with the American designed & built AC Cobra :hmmm:.

Sure they have a similar shape but in my opinion thats the only common trait.

Under the hood of the Cobra beats a big 427ci Ford motor. The Ace's early motor was I believe a 2L streight 6. And if I understand correctly the later ones had the straight 6 MK2 Ford Zephyr motor. Ford engines are American after all. Other major differences include the Cobra's performance chassis, bigger wheels & finaly the body shell was made bigger & wider.

I've got nothing against the AC Ace, its a beautiful & very British car & I'd be overjoyed to own one. True, Carroll Shelby took the AC Ace concept & morphed it into the Cobra. But personaly, I feel that the snarling beast that is the AC Cobra is as American as burger & fries, but hay, thats my opinion.

Apologies for my ignorance HC but I'm afraide I dont know what a Harrier II is. I guess your saying "Is a Butterfly a Caterpillar, or, is a Caterpillar a Butterfly". Or maybe one in the same. :shrug: Nah, I dun`no either. Lets let the mods decide ahe.

Good luck with this tangle Mods.

Here's a did you know for you.

WHY DO BRITISH MOTORWAYS HAVE SPEED LIMITS?

a: BECAUSE A CERTAIN PERFORMANCE CAR COMPANY GOT CAUGHT TAKING THEIR LATEST RACING PROTOTYPE DOWN THE M1 NEAR LOUGHBOROUGH AT ABOUT 180MPH.

Nice looking car Dean.

What engine have you got in there?

Craig.

Hi Craig, it's a Rover V8 that's been breathed on by JE Engineering - ported, balanced, lightened, blueprinted and probably other things I don't know the meaning of either. Edelbrock Performance manifold, Holley carbs, etc. If you have a copy of Cobra Replicas by Ian Stent, it's got a chapter about my car in there. I know it's not a Chevy 350 like yours, but it sounds good and goes fast enough for me...

Sean - the Moderator's decision is final, so I'll get on with this as soon as I've finished the Spitfire I'm working on. Thanks.

Cheers,

Dean

Lovely engine the Rover. I have rebuilt a few in my life for fitting into various Land Rover products.

Nice and powerful as well as light weight.

Look forward to see the progress on the model version. I'm meant to be in this GB as well but can't think of anything to build at the moment! :undecided:

Craig.

The Hooded Claw Posted Today, 07:38 AM

a: BECAUSE A CERTAIN PERFORMANCE CAR COMPANY GOT CAUGHT TAKING THEIR LATEST RACING PROTOTYPE DOWN THE M1 NEAR LOUGHBOROUGH AT ABOUT 180MPH.

Fantastic HC.

I'd love to have been a test driver then would'nt you ? :analintruder:

Weeeel... not strictly true. In 1964 Jack Sears was testing this AC Cobra Coupe (not much like mine, eh?):

cobra1964.jpg

...and did 185mph at about 4.30 am on the M1. The speed limit of 70mph didn't come in until 1967 and the minister responsible said that the Cobra incident didn't have much to do with it - it was already in the pipeline. It probably highlighted the need for a limit, but the legend grew out of all proportion, and Ac certainly liked the publicity. Anybody who drives anything that looks like a Cobra often gets accused of being responsible for the speed limit, so we tend to research these things as a defence...

Brrrm brrrm,

Dean