Rafale M walk around

TEZ

Very useful,BTW this aircraft is the F1 variant and the M's are now the F2.The main exteranl difference is the addition of chaff dispensers beside the exhausts.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

As far as I am aware, both Marine F1 and the later F2 variants had/have chaff/flare dispensers in the wing root fillets. I also thought, irrespective of which 'Marine' sub type, F1 or F2, the 'M' derivative was still used...albeit loosely. The Revell 1/48 Rafale 'M', although a lovely kit, lacks the above mentioned chaff dispeners. The same can also be said of the Italeri 1/72 'M'.

Andrew

Edited by TEZ

A question, while we're at it (excellent pics btw):

Are the roundels overpainted or are the colours like that from the start?

Kyrre

On the fly.

Very nice Andrew.

Thanks for the great pics. I was a little surprised by the fuel dump at the rear. Seems kinda non-sexy crude for the French.

I was a little surprised by the fuel dump at the rear. Seems kinda non-sexy crude for the French.

Actually they prefer dumping it up front :analintruder:. Not sure if this is more sexy.

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

Actually they prefer dumping it up front :analintruder:. Not sure if this is more sexy.

Good set of photos kyrre. Have you anymore ? At least it didn't go down the intakes...

Andrew

Edited by TEZ

Good set of photos kyrre. Have you anymore ? At least it didn't go down the intakes...

Yup.

They were posted somewhere else - in this thread.

K