Baby Boeing

I need to get something finished and have lost a bit of enthusiasm for my current works in progress so I've decided to get this on built.

Still trying to decide which scheme to use, but I've narrowed it down to Easyjet or one of the B.A. world schemes.

BOXTOP.jpg

I'll post some progress pictures soon.

Chris.

I built that kit once.

Very nice it was too and the idea of using decals for windows is brilliant. Much better than thick bits of clear plastic.

I did mine as a Western Pacific logo jet.

Craig.

P1010008-2.jpg

P1010006-2.jpg

I built that kit once.

Very nice it was too and the idea of using decals for windows is brilliant. Much better than thick bits of clear plastic.

I did mine as a Western Pacific logo jet.

Craig.

That looks a nice one Craig. You have raised the bar a bit now :thumbsup2:

Edited by stringbag

OMG, your going to build a plane Chris? :analintruder::analintruder:

I need to sit down for a minute.

Only joking mate, good luck withe the build, good to see that your going to cut some plastic again

Dan

I know, bit of a shock to me as well.

Better kick off with something sensible, and as soon as I've chosen the livery it will be straightforward. ( I hope)

Hmmm, I was going to suggest the WP Simpsons one... I think I'd have to do that one if it was me!

Out of the scheme's you've listed, do the BA one!

Karl.

P.S. Chris, I've just realised that I've never even seen any of your builds!! :o

Hmmm, I was going to suggest the WP Simpsons one... I think I'd have to do that one if it was me!

Out of the scheme's you've listed, do the BA one!

Karl.

P.S. Chris, I've just realised that I've never even seen any of your builds!! :o

Not many people have Karl.

A bit of the shrinking violet syndrome me thinks.

Did you get the pics by the way?

That's a nice kit! The only real fit problem I had was with the wings. I thought those microscopic pitot probes were a bit fiddly, too. Here's mine. I've got a -400 on the bench right now that will be natural metal with Piedmont livery.

DACO737-300_4.jpg

DACO737-300_6.jpg

Cheers!

Ben

Here's mine. I've got a -400 on the bench right now that will be natural metal with Piedmont livery.

Cheers!

Ben

Nice build there Ben.

I like the simple Piedmont colour scheme. Very classy.

Chris

One thing that is useful on these kits are the decals for the tops of the wings

Saves a lot of masking.

Craig.

Hi Craig.

Totally agree, but the decals supplied with the kit do include the in-spar panels. Have a look at the box top picture. I think they are much better than the aftermarket offerings in this particular instance.

Chris.

Finally decided to do this one and build the Easyjet one next.

BA737-300.jpg

Probably one of the best of the Utopia schemes. I don't know where the photo came from originally, as it's been on my HD for ages.

Hi Craig.

Totally agree, but the decals supplied with the kit do include the in-spar panels. Have a look at the box top picture. I think they are much better than the aftermarket offerings in this particular instance.

Chris.

Oh yea! Didn't get them on mine. I brought the American Airlines (I think) version and it was meant to be an overall silver colour. All I got for the decals was the markings along with the windows. The new Simpsons decals were amazing quality and a real joy to apply. Took a while and you had to think about which one to put on first, but it was fun.

Craig.

Oh yea! Didn't get them on mine. I brought the American Airlines (I think) version and it was meant to be an overall silver colour. All I got for the decals was the markings along with the windows. The new Simpsons decals were amazing quality and a real joy to apply. Took a while and you had to think about which one to put on first, but it was fun.

Craig.

Is your model one of the first issue kits in the black box, or a later one like mine?

I had thought about the Simpsons scheme, but my brain hurts as it is :blink:

Edited by stringbag

Bloody hell! This thread's rivalling Mish's 110 thread for pre-build waffle! :lol:

Stringbag Chris in Kit Build Shocker! :shocked: More news later :tease: