JB Models Bedford MK 4 Tonne GS 1:76

bexwh773

Thirty minutes after I go to bed and she starts this post. After all the stick I'm taking in my 110 thread I dun know.

Bex I think all the tyres need to be black. apart from that looking good sis.

BTW As it hasn't got many bits in you should be able to finish it this weekend.

:tease:

Wonder how long it's take off roll will be......................

Hows it go Bexy......Hat & :coat: looking for door, taxi waiting in the wings.

JB.

Nice progress by the way :goodjob: .

You lot are terrible :tease::tease: Thanks for the comments though :thumbsup2:

With the tyres I was gonna paint 2 first for a comparison, revell matt 8 black vice matt 9 anthracite grey which is what I use for my aircraft tyres but I got a bit tired and didnt do the grey :lol:

Oi Mish, atleast I got momre than just 8 parts done :whistle::tease:

Bex

P.S: Still not found the wings yet :hmmm:

Hey! Bex.

Would you like me to post some pics of the MK's I've built for inspiration?

Yeah why not, go for it :thumbsup2:

Oh JB, re Take Off roll, from past experience Id say about 3 weeks :rofl::rofl: They aint the speediest of wagons

Bex

Bex; How is the "lorry" build progressing..?

Cheers,

ggc

DSCF3604.jpg

DSCF3605.jpg

Now here's a thing, after seeing these Daz it's just joggled my very vague memory, when I was a spotty 14 year old I worked on these at a place called Lancaster Truck and Trailer in my hometown, it was for work experience and I will never forget trying to heave in the gearbox and transfer box, all done by hand for some reason.

Also spent an enjoyable week pulling off the wheels and reconditioning the running gear and oils seals, happy as a pig in do do!!!.

JB.

Where's the C of G on it for an easy take off then Bexy Babe, good progress so far me ol' darlin', knew we'd make a treadie of you one day, you're doomed lassie, DOOMED :analintruder:

Daz, JB, thanks guys :thumbsup2:

Pete (Smudge) thanking you muchlys :thumbsup2:

PanzerPete, thanks hun :wub: You got no chance of converting me :tease: This is a one off, no more ClankyTankyWheely Thingys for me thank you velly muchlys :rofl:

Ok this afternoons efforts then, got a couple of tiny bits to repaint where I slipped with 'airystick on the chassis, springs, wheels & engine block done :thumbsup2: Got exhaust to paint before it goes on and couple of storage bins and the batteries. Cab still needs doing, and cargo area just needs black blotches :lol: and the canopy ropes picking out.

Now then, this vehicle is being painted from mine and my Dads memories of driving them, also, she will be representing the condition of a loaned vehicle being returned to its parent unit from me & Da Boss (Not Mike, but me Dad :tease: ) When we borrowed a vehicle, it always went back absolutely gleaming no matter what state we got it in, and apart from during the Falklands & when Ol' Maddas (Saddam) decided to invade Kuwait, we never got turned down for a wagon loan.

Thanks for looking,

Bex

yu35q3.jpg

yu35qs.jpg

Nice work Bex.

Taylor Plastic Models does a replacement metal grille for these things - his part number 4-B2 for £1.50 - I'm going to order some for my Tac refueller

http://www.tpmodels.co.uk/

No connection with Bernard (TPM) but as a railway modleller I know his stuff has a v. good reputation.

What colour are you using Bex? I tried painting my GS in Tamiya Nato Green but it looks far to green and not grey enough for the colour I expect Bedfords to be.

My Father has a friend with an ex Army MJ recovery truck, so I should have some pictures to post soon.

Edited by 06/24

Hi O6/24 and welcome to BM.

Thanks Daz. Always a bit nervy making a first post!

Tamiya NATO Green is a colour for relatively modern NATO equipment.

Yeah I thought so. Looks like it would be OK for German stuff and so on in NATO three colour etc. What do folk recommend for British IRR green? I reckon Humbrol Bronze Green looks the part for RAF ground equipment etc, but its waay too dark for Army frontline stuff

Edited by 06/24

Hi 06/24,

Im using Revell Matt 65. In over 10 years driving these Old Ladies, I never once came across a "uniform" colo(u)r scheme for them. Even Daz has his GS in a scheme that Ive driven, camo bodywork and plain green canvas canopy :hmmm: Ive even driven gloss plain green too :mental:

Latest update then, nearly done, got a few little niggles to touch up as you might spot from the photos :doh: and the only part of the clear cab I masked off was the windscreen so just have the wipers to paint now. Im rumaging through my box of bits to see if I can scratch build a couple of bits that dont come with the kit.

Thanks for looking and the kind comments so far :thumbsup2:

Bex

yufyju.jpg

yufyjv.jpg

yufyjw.jpg

yufyj0.jpg