Vulcan Vulcan Vulcan

DamienB

Thanks for sharing these Damien :) Funnily enough, I ust switched back to BM from watching some Vulcan clips on Youtube. While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know the technical reason why the Vulcans engines have such a distinctive sound as they spool up?

Andy

Hi Damien

I've just got to say that your photographic techniques are nothing short of exceptional.

I'm the world's best armchair photographer but seeing your work says different....simply superb work.

Thanks for sharing....I get the impression that you're an aircraft stalker!

Rich R

The shot with the Aerobytes banner, thats HDR no?.

JB.

Beautiful pics!

What a great whalloping beast that thing is. No wonder you guys are proud of it!!

Hi Guys

Get the piccies while you can. I've just returned from the East Fortune airshow and from what I heard the operators appear to be trying to price themselves out of airshows. They were due at Sunderland and East Fortune but apparently wanted £18,000 to display. The respective committees said no so instead of earning some revenue she earned a big fat zero. Your only gonna see her at big shows or families days at Cottesmore or Marham or some such where. Just how many people attend these days, surely not as many as attend Sunderland, a free airshow by the sea. That said it was cancelled today due to fog so nowt really too much lost there,

Regards

Paul

Edited by Honeybee

Honeybee - "from what you've heard".

Sadly this project has been beset by malicious rumours almost from day one. I'm not sure what's worse, those who start them or those who blindly repeat whatever they've heard.

The record crowds at every show with the Vulcan attending so far would certainly more than cover an 18K appearance fee even if that was the fee being asked - which it isn't!

Hi Damien

I've thought about whether I should reply to the Malicious rumour or blindly repeated part of your statement and decided to leave it at this. I and some others were talking to one of the organizers of the show and he said £18,000. They said no and the Vulcan didn't display. Nice pictutres though,

Regards

Paul

Edited by Honeybee

The Vulcan 'Howl' is resonance in the intakes at certain power settings. I have it on an audio file.....superb!

Thanks for that info, yes it's quite a lovely noise :)

Andy