* Messerschmitt Bf-110c : FINISHED.

AnonymousDFB1

Nice progress Mish..! Too bad this kit has such fit problems... :fraidnot: ...Eduard has done better w/other kits...

Cheers,

ggc

Looking good Mish, or rather bad perhaps! Good luck with all the filling and sanding!

:cheers:

Azgaron

Hey Mish, I'm at the same stage as you, only I fitted the lower half of the nose first before adding the upper section. The fitment of all the gubbins in the gun bay seemed a bit recipie for disaster when sliding the upper section over the MG barrels. I left everything out bar the bulkheads, and I intend to slide some aluminium tube up the MG ports, and fix the barrels into these, otherwise it won't look right. My build has got a temporary stop on, as I won't be back home for a couple of weeks, but good luck with the rest of it. And yes, mine was nearly binned too!!

Andy

Glad I'm not te only one Andy, if you haven't all ready done so don't fill the gap at the back of the nacelles on the underside. I've just seen it done in an article and if you do that the flaps would never work!

I've just filled mine so it can cure overnight.

Looking good Mish, or rather bad perhaps! Good luck with all the filling and sanding!

:cheers:

Azgaron

Thanks Azgaron

Nice progress Mish..! Too bad this kit has such fit problems... :fraidnot: ...Eduard has done better w/other kits...

Cheers,

ggc

It's not the worst I've had the misplesure of, but getting close. Thanks ggc

Cheers Mish! Also, I offered up the wings to the fuselage and there are gaps on both upper and lower wing surfaces. Just remember to sand the tabs on the wings otherwise you won't get them through the slots in the fuselage. I think a new pack of white Milliput will be my next modelling purchase!

Crumbs that's atrocious for a modern kit :( The work you did on the cockpit looked really nice as well. Those nacelles are going to take some work to correct, good luck!

Andy

Well a few hours sanding and things are looking good. I might need some Mr Surfacer just to finish things off. I'm quite pleased with the way filling and sanding has gone.

on with the photos:

yux1us.jpg

yux1u7.jpg

yux1u8.jpg

yux1uc.jpg

yux1ua.jpg

yux1ub.jpg

yux1u9.jpg

Thanks for all the comments of encouragement.

Edited by Mish

Mish,

In this months Air Modeller David Parker builds the 110, he has found the same issues

as you and shows how to work around the problems, so its not just you that have found

some fit issues with the kit. Sorry I was too late in posting this but you seem to have

it all in hand now.

Dan

Mish,

In this months Air Modeller David Parker builds the 110, he has found the same issues

as you and shows how to work around the problems, so its not just you that have found

some fit issues with the kit. Sorry I was too late in posting this but you seem to have

it all in hand now.

Dan

Okay Dan thanks a lot I have a few guides and there is a few people on her building the 110. I will pop into W H Smiths on Monday and have a read.

Phew! Some heavy duty sanding going on there :wacko: Still, you seem to have broken the back of it now, just a few dimples to sort out. Don't forget that Squadron Green putty tends to take paint differently than the styrene around it, so make sure you give it a coat of primer (Mr Surfacer as you mentioned), sand it with some fine grade paper/stick and prime it again. Should start to blend in then.

D'ya think you've lost much detail? If so, are you going to try your hand at rescribing the bits where the panel lines are a bit light? Go easy on the puttied areas if you do, as it's a little prone to cutting up because of the difference in density. Keep going though... it's too expensive a kit to give up on ;)

Hi Mish doin a good job there, pit looks great but bloody ell that fits awful for a new kit particularly from Eduard & not cheap either. still you've broke the back of the beast now, & mines still in the box lookin very nice :hypnotised:.

Andy.

More progress.

The wings are nearly done just some radiators to go on, so attached them along with the tailplanes to the fuselage.

As you can see the tailplanes went on well, but the wings needed a lot of filing and fitting to get a fit this good!

Again more filler has gone in!

yux1u4.jpg

yux1ug.jpg

yux1uh.jpg

yux1ui.jpg

yux1ux.jpg

More sanding, checking sanding etc..... yawn.

Edited by Mish

Mish: Well, you are beating it into submission... :fight: ....and making some progress at the same time....good show..!

Cheers,

ggc

You're making a good job of that.It looks an absolute pig of a kit,which is unusual for Eduard.Keep up the good work. :D

I've been known to delay builds for days rather than get to work with filling and sanding, that one would have me pulling hair.

Coming on a treat.

Will do a bit of sanding on the wing roots today. I know what you mean, it is so easy to put to one side and forget about it.