* Messerschmitt Bf-110c : FINISHED.

AnonymousDFB1

Either that or my table has got a severe lean to port.

Or youve been sniffing the Talisker again :beer::whistle::whistle::tease:

Bexy

Very nice cockpit detail indeed...!

Chees,

ggc

Excellent pit work Mish, how is the PE stuff to go on?

Keep up the good work!

Adam

Excellent pit work Mish, how is the PE stuff to go on?

Keep up the good work!

Adam

Apart from the eye strain, quite well thanks. It all looked a little daunting at first as I have only made up harnesses in the past, but with the fine tweezers I treated myself to and a cocktail stick the rudder pedals folded up really well.

Well I seem to have picked the two most fiddly kits to enter this GB with. The difference between this on and the Lysander is where the Lysander became a chore this one is fun.

Four hours today was all I could take in the heat and again not a lot to show for it, but it is progress and two pages in the instruction book!

So on with the photos:

The gun magazines awaiting assembly

yux16x.jpg

Gun assembly underway

yux16j.jpg

Gun control panel

yux16l.jpg

Rear cockpit assembly complete

yux16m.jpg

Edited by Mish

A little more done to day before the heat drove me out of the modelling room. I could actually see the paint trying on parts that I pained on the sprue.

Today's photos:

The rear cockpit area area before the final side pieces is put in place

yux2fp.jpg

Front and rear cockpits together

yux2fq.jpg

Edited by Mish

Another three and a half hours today, this kit is getting close to going in the bin. For an expensive kit it is one of the worst fitting I have ever had the misfortune to build.

Right on with the photos:

Fuselage halves together, not the gaps fore and aft of the cockpit area.

yux16o.jpg

Rear cockpit, note the gaps and steps.

yux1uy.jpg

Nose gunpack assembled.

yux1u1.jpg

Nose on! I've had to snip two of the gun barrels off to get the nose on. Again notice the poor fit not that you can miss it!

yux1u5.jpg

So on to the engine nacelles, this are known to be a bad fit, but with a bit of shaping and assembly advice from various forums and build report. I managed this

yux16r.jpg

yux16t.jpg

yux166.jpg

yux16u.jpg

yux16v.jpg

yux160.jpg

Looks like I have loads of filling and sanding ahead! Oh deepest joyous.

Edited by Mish

It does look a little 'loose' in the fit. Very wierd for a kit that got such good reviews, I wonder if there is a big difference between this and the E that I have.

Best of luck with the filling - try masking off the area you dont want to sand with insulation tape, then build up the filler. You can then be sure that you have filled above the level of the surrounding details, so will do less damage.

Peter

Hey Mish, I'm at the same stage as you, only I fitted the lower half of the nose first before adding the upper section. The fitment of all the gubbins in the gun bay seemed a bit recipie for disaster when sliding the upper section over the MG barrels. I left everything out bar the bulkheads, and I intend to slide some aluminium tube up the MG ports, and fix the barrels into these, otherwise it won't look right. My build has got a temporary stop on, as I won't be back home for a couple of weeks, but good luck with the rest of it. And yes, mine was nearly binned too!!

Andy