Hawker Fury Mk.I.

Artie

Hi, guys..This is my Lindberg Hwker Fury Mk.I, finished as one of those nice pre-war silver doped planes. built OOB, I just added a scratchbuilt cockpit interior. Rigging was made with steel guitar string.

Painted with Testors Metallizer enamels.

I hope you'll like it......

hawkerfury003lv1.jpg

hawkerfury003lv1.6e8507eba3.jpg

hawkerfury006mf1.jpg

hawkerfury006mf1.3861781b25.jpg

hawkerfury008tl0.jpg

hawkerfury008tl0.7a8bc7b284.jpg

Thank you guys.....I've always loved the looks of those Fury biplanes...maybe the best looking biplane ever. :cheers:

The kit is completely OOB except for a scratchbuilt cockpit interior. The decals are from the Airfix's Fury. Worked really well despite its age and minor yellowing (one week under the hot spanish sun and they got fixed)...!!!!

Cheers...

Thank you guys.....I've always loved the looks of those Fury biplanes...maybe the best looking biplane ever. :cheers:

Cheers...

I think I can agree with you on that one. We have on a Hind at the Aviation museum here...and it is a beauty of a thing. Appereantly the engine is in running condition and it is technicaly airworthy..but they won't fly ay of the collection

Great work on the model :speak_cool: !! You don't, at least I don't, see many of the models all that often.

Sean

Looks a real treat!

The Fury/Hart family what can you say that hasn't been said already! :wub:

Have recently aquired the Amodels 1/72 job which will probably be built OOB. Not used to these Two planers! Scared of piano wires. But willing to give it a go because it's one of Camm's beauties.

Incedently could some one please confirm whether the interior colour given as light grey (Humbrol 64) is correct + the seat as leather sounds a tad strange. Maybe a lining but not the whole kaboodle?

I also assume the floor was actually non existant on the Fury- as in the Hurricane. Might be fun to do another one with a modified cockpit, though I doubt if much can actually be seen.

Wish more 1/48 kits of the types were more readily available! :pray:

Looks a real treat!

The Fury/Hart family what can you say that hasn't been said already! :wub:

Have recently aquired the Amodels 1/72 job which will probably be built OOB. Not used to these Two planers! Scared of piano wires. But willing to give it a go because it's one of Camm's beauties.

Incedently could some one please confirm whether the interior colour given as light grey (Humbrol 64) is correct + the seat as leather sounds a tad strange. Maybe a lining but not the whole kaboodle?

I also assume the floor was actually non existant on the Fury- as in the Hurricane. Might be fun to do another one with a modified cockpit, though I doubt if much can actually be seen.

Wish more 1/48 kits of the types were more readily available! :pray:

I scratch built the cockpit interior with plastic rod and copper wire. I did it with no floor, jut two footrests.

I painted the sidewalls in a reddish brown colour, with satin black frames and aluminium seat. Anyway, you won't see much after the fuselage halves are assembled together.

I'm currently converting another Lindberg Fury into a Hawker Spanish Fury. You know, Hispano Suiza 12Y engine (completely different nose arrangement), Hurricane-like radiator and Gladiator-like undercarriage legs...... :hypnotised:

It looks the danglies, although a horrid waste of good guitar strings.

Seriously, a beauty build. Nicely done.

I scratch built the cockpit interior with plastic rod and copper wire. I did it with no floor, jut two footrests.

I painted the sidewalls in a reddish brown colour, with satin black frames and aluminium seat. Anyway, you won't see much after the fuselage halves are assembled together.

I'm currently converting another Lindberg Fury into a Hawker Spanish Fury. You know, Hispano Suiza 12Y engine (completely different nose arrangement), Hurricane-like radiator and Gladiator-like undercarriage legs...... :hypnotised:

Thanks for the lowdown. Might have a bash at the same. Or build this one out of the box + and guess I'll just have to get another one to detail. :rolleyes:

Have been putting off the bi-planes for too long!

Looking forward to seeing the Spanish Fury-will look a real treat in those colours + markings

Great work on the Fury - one of my favourites, a beautiful design.

I did the same Fury a couple of years ago - it doesn't look as good as yours though. It is quite dull - I tried to accent the difference between the metal and fabric areas, and succeeded perhaps too well. The decals that I got with them were no good, so I put some generic RAF markings on it.

Kudos on a superb model.

Regards, Richard B. from Aylmer, Qc, Canada.

• 5 months later...
Hi, guys..This is my Lindberg Hwker Fury Mk.I, finished as one of those nice pre-war silver doped planes. built OOB, I just added a scratchbuilt cockpit interior. Rigging was made with steel guitar string.

hawkerfury003lv1.jpg

hawkerfury006mf1.jpg

hawkerfury008tl0.jpg

hawkerfury003lv1.jpg

hawkerfury006mf1.jpg

hawkerfury008tl0.jpg