* Hawker Hurricane Mk 1

timraven1992

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks TD and Mish ;),

The fuselage has been filled and sanded and rescribed.

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

The wings have also been filled and sanded, although the piece that contains the gun muzzles fit very crappily and has been eating Milliput and CA thus far! :(

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

The rear half of the Radiator on the bottom I have razor sawed out and replaced with a thinner piece of plastic to simulate the "droppy flappy thingie" (I'd love to know the more technical term ;) ) Also, is there a actuator rod centre rear on the inside of the flappy thingie? I'm sure I've seen it in some photos and not in others, any answers?

TIA

Cheers

Tim

The rear half of the Radiator on the bottom I have razor sawed out and replaced with a thinner piece of plastic to simulate the "droppy flappy thingie" (I'd love to know the more technical term ;) ) Also, is there a actuator rod centre rear on the inside of the flappy thingie? I'm sure I've seen it in some photos and not in others, any answers?

That'll be the radiator shutter, I think.

Joseph

Thanks for all the replies people ;),

I have completed the arduous job of filling/sanding x3, followed bu rescribing in the wing root area.

I used Milliput, Black enamel paint, CA and Tippex and now its finally smooth :)

I then rescribed the area with my trusty tamiya scriber and a sharp knife.

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

Then I attached the horizontal stabs, these haven't been filled yet.

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

I'm also happy because I got good GCSE results, and as a treat my mum contributed towards a Harder und Steenback Evolution airbrush :D, from Everything Airbrush!

Can't wait till I can give it a try ;),

Cheers

Tim

Congrats to the good results! Btw. what is GCSE?

General Certificate of Secondary Education, basically the exams taken when you leave school.

HTH

Thanks for the replies ;),

I ordered some A/M decals for this bird from Aeromaster, and I intend to do it in Flt Lt J.A. "Johnny" Kent's colours of RF@J V6665 which he got his first victory while with 303 Sqn at Northolt in Sept 1940. I decided to do his a/c because he is mentioned in "First Light" by Geoffrey Wellum, which I am currently reading.

And its the prettiest looking plane on the sheet! :smartass:

I also had a spray-round with my new H&S Evo airbrush, and I'm in love! :wub: So easy to handle and a breeze (almost) to clean.

Much more filling, sanding and rescribing later...

I went to see how good of a fit the Rotol spinner is, and I am bloody glad I didn't leave it until after I finished painting!

See for yourself:

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

I compared the shape of the nose to the profile on the Aeromaster sheet and I can see that the nose kinda "fairs" onto the spinner.

IMG_0901.jpg

I tried the DH spinner and it fit perfectly, bugger! :(

Anyway, sods law and all that...

5 mins later:

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

Its getting there!

Cheers

Tim

Ever weary, I test fitted the exhausts,

:(

The fit isn't quite as spectacularily crap as the other bits, but it'll have to go on before the paint stage.

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

I also had a go at drilling out the exhaust, works well IMO.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Makes quite a difference and I like it :)

Cheers

Tim