medical things

justin

if anyone out ther is married to/lives with/is dating etc.... a doctor/nurse/dentist/HCA etc... ask them to provide you with a selection of hypodermic needles (not used) and scapel blades/handles

the needles come in varied lengths, widths etc and can make convincing aircraft cannon barrels etc, just remember to cut and handle them with care and you can have a useful (AND FREE) resourse.

i hnow i cant be the 1st to say something like this, but thought it might be worth repeting

:hmmm:

As a nurse, I feel compelled to point out that a) they're not 'free', B) it's stealing and c) they don't cost much and are readily available from various online medical supplies' websites. And S&M and others produce non-sterile blades which are much cheaper than sterile ones.

Edited by Ant

:hmmm:

As a nurse, I feel compelled to point out that a) they're not 'free', B) it's stealing and c) they don't cost much and are readily available from various online medical supplies' websites. And S&M and others produce non-sterile blades which are much cheaper than sterile ones.

sorry to have caused offence, that was certanly not my intention.... i only mentioned it as my partner has provided such items in the past.

im sure she wouldnt remove anything which would leave her ward, or junior staff wanting... as to your other valid point, i dont earn nearly what you will earn as a trained nurse, and my partner was only trying to "help out".... one again to you, and anyone who i may have offended... sorry man

Now we know why the cost of healthcare is rising...too many sterile supplies going into plastic models.... :analintruder:

Cheers,

ggc

Mrs P has on occasion bought home useful bits from the clinic where she works that was out of date for human use and would otherwise have been dumped. If that's theft then I'm a thief.

S&M? :hmmm: Better not let mental see this thread...

peebeep

S&M? :hmmm: Better not let mental see this thread...

peebeep

S&M do a very nice 1/144 Viscount & lots of yummy decals too.....!! :rolleyes::D

On the subject of scalpels & things, my GP does 'minor' surgical procedures. I had to have an ingrowing toe nail removed :blink: t'other year, for which he used 2 scalpels, a forceps & 2 nice pairs of tweezers. I was horrified when he finished as he promptly threw them into the bio-hazard sharps waste bin!! I later had to have a small growth on my hand removed for a biopsy & was ready this time & asked him if I could have the used instruments when he'd finished - so I got a No3 scalpel handle, a really good pair of scissors (excellent for decals), a pair of forceps & an excellent pair of tweezers for nowt!!

Just relating this tale for anyone else that may end up having a minor op - don't forget to ask for the used tools!!! :P

Keef