1:48 Airfix BAE Hawk

It needs a pitot probe, and a few PE mirrors, but I'm going to call it finished for now...

f_side.jpg

f_rear.jpg

f_front.jpg

The CMK cockpit could have been better, and so could my painting of it :blush:

f_cockpit.jpg

Quite proud of the missiles though ^_^

f_aim9l.jpg

I might post a pic of the pitot when I manage to find something suitable ;)

Looks lovely Mike!

Can't see anything wrong with that cockpit!, Looks pretty good to me... :worthy:

And yes! those winders do look great, every reason to be pleased there! :speak_cool:

There's a pic not come out there, the fourth one :redx:

Karl.

Looks lovely Mike!

Can't see anything wrong with that cockpit!, Looks pretty good to me... :worthy:

And yes! those winders do look great, every reason to be pleased there! :speak_cool:

There's a pic not come out there, the fourth one :redx:

Karl.

Thanks Karl ;) I was getting carried away... there was no 4 :doh:

Looks nice Mike, what did you use for the panel wash(or have you mentioned that elsewhere?!)

Often tempted to get one of these, and you're not helping me fight that temptation! :whistle:

I'm also curious about the MDC in the canopy, how did you do that ?!

Cheers

Mike

Looks nice Mike, what did you use for the panel wash(or have you mentioned that elsewhere?!)

Often tempted to get one of these, and you're not helping me fight that temptation! :whistle:

Cheers

Mike

Linky

Cheers

Mike

Cheers Mike - It's Phil's sludge wash. A very nice little bottle of goo that makes panel line washes a piece of cake ;)

The Det cord in the vac canopy was a PE part (well, 2 actually) that I placed in, squished to shape with finger tips & a cotton bud, then cleaned up before applying a drop of Klear and letting it set overnight. It worked a treat! :)

Congratulations Mike on a great build, It really is a stunner!! :winkgrin:

My only point and I know you will take this the right way, is the join from the nose to the front canopy. I only say it because it is a fantastic looking model but it stands out.

''OK so how would you do it smart bottom'' I here you say................Well as you asked I use PVA to stick it on, making sure there are no gaps under the canopy, let it dry.

Next I get some CA glue on a cocktail stick put it on the area with a cap then a quick spray with some CA Kicker. The kicker will self level the CA Glue and fill the gap. you may have to do it a few times but it works well ( I have been doing it to the Hawkeye for two days ) Just remember to mask the outside clear parts to stop it fogging.

That's what you get for making a fist class model, One little thing stands out a mile :analintruder:

• 4 months later...
It needs a pitot probe, and a few PE mirrors, but I'm going to call it finished for now...

f_side.jpg

f_rear.jpg

f_front.jpg

The CMK cockpit could have been better, and so could my painting of it :blush:

f_cockpit.jpg

Quite proud of the missiles though ^_^

f_aim9l.jpg

I might post a pic of the pitot when I manage to find something suitable ;)

Two different diam syringe needles/tailors pin

shockingly nice Mike

Two different diam syringe needles/tailors pin

shockingly nice Mike

I do actually do some modelling every now & again, you know :P

I still haven't put the mirrors in either :blush:

I was quite pleased with it at the time, but the next one will be better. I've got a Hawk 100 on the way that I picked up off eBay for tuppence (chanced my arm & made someone an offer). Once I can afford the Neomega pit etc. for that, it'll go on the to-do pile.

Nice Mike, Its a gopod kit or just hard to build.

Cheers.

Héctor

The seat its from the kit or a resin part?

This is turning into Frankenthread! :lol:

The kit is ok to build, but I complicated it immensely with the resin pit & wheel bays. It's reasonably easy to put the cockpit in, apart from the sidewalls, which need shimming away from the kit sidewalls at the bottom so they meet with the main tub. The wheel bays were hard to fit in, requiring serious thinning of the plastic & resin - especially the nose wheel bay, which was wafer thin (M. Creosote).

Good fun though... watch out of the BIG circular mould line/defect on the right fuselage side, between the wings & tail. It's only noticable in certain light after painting, and only very faintly then, but I missed it until after the main painting had been done. One for the perfectionists maybe, but forewarned is forearmed ;)

Lovely Jubbly!!!

You got any bolts loose then Mike?

Just a few, but not as many as some here :mental::hypnotised:

Just took delivery of a cheap-as-chips Hawk 100 this morning... does anyone have any AM items I could blag? :lol: (kidding)

Very nice Mike :thumbsup:

Just a quick point, TWU Hawk T.1A's carry gunsights.

I presume you still have to add these at the final finishing stage?.

Shaun.

Yeah... they're in a small pile of fiddly bits that still need adding :blush:

First time I've seen this build Mike & have to say that's one of the nicest Hawks I've yet seen! But, as soon as I saw the first pic, it was those 'Winders that really caught my eye - they're just lovely!! :worthy:

Great build all round!

Keef

Cheers Keef... the Winders are kit parts, and quite accurate OOB. Painting & decalling really brings them to life :)

Very nice Mike :thumbsup:

Just a quick point, TWU Hawk T.1A's carry gunsights.

I presume you still have to add these at the final finishing stage?.

Shaun.

Correction: I glued the teeny-tiny gunsights on after taking those pics. Just mirrors & pitot probe left... still :blush: