...and some second-rate Harriers

oh my god, comon you gottta love them green harriers , what kits are they?, i have only built the revell and airfix harriers (1;72)and found the airfix :evil_laugh: a fantastic build?

well done nice one

Thanks RAF Laarbruch, - I guess "green Harriers" are OK for moving mud I suppose, but they definitely lack the grace of the SHAR!

The GR7 and GR5 are Italeri kits (not really recommended - needs a lot of hacking about). The GR9 is Airfix with Model Alliance decals and Heritage 100% LERX. The AV8B is AIrfix with SKY decals and the TAV8B is Airfix out of the box.

Heres another one I forgot - the Airfix P1127 Kestrel:

P1127.jpg

AV8b%20.jpg

Edited by gengriz

Great Viffing stuff there matey!! You can't have enough Harriers....

As a matter of interest I reckon (others may not!!!) that the Airfix AV8B/GR5/GR7 is probably as accurate a Harrier II as there is...it may not have the finesse of the Hasegawa kit, and will need some TLC to bring it up to scratch (fin is too thick) LERX's a bit anaemic....tanks and "aden" gun-pods -yeuk!!!, but other than that its okay....

Great Viffing stuff there matey!! You can't have enough Harriers....

As a matter of interest I reckon (others may not!!!) that the Airfix AV8B/GR5/GR7 is probably as accurate a Harrier II as there is...it may not have the finesse of the Hasegawa kit, and will need some TLC to bring it up to scratch (fin is too thick) LERX's a bit anaemic....tanks and "aden" gun-pods -yeuk!!!, but other than that its okay....

I agree with you there Bill - the thickness of the fin does let it down, but otherwise it is as good as you get. You can probably also see I tried the Heritage 100% LERX on it for my GR9 - unfortunately the wing surface profile wasn't a good match - it looks better blended in the flesh, but there is still a bit of a bump there.

The Hasegawa kit looks great from the top, but the underside is toy like and crude - no airbrake, very limited undercarriage doors etc.

Heres yet another one I forgot I had (and it is a Hasegawa one!) - the AV-8Bplus

AV8bplus.jpg

Great set of harriers, you really cannot have too many in my opinion!!

The GR9 has to be the pick of the bunch for me!! great stuff!!

I've seen several 1/72 Hasegawa AV-8B+ and the nose just doesn't look right to me - too banana shaped and the cone lacks the "bulk" of the real thing.

The lack of a separate airbrake on the Hasegawa 1/72 kits is a real mystery to me, its a crucial feature on Harriers at rest.