Mark Guide Spitfire MK22 / 24

wkennerley

Hi guys - does anyone have the mark guide by 4+ publication on the Spitfire MK22 / 24 - I would be grateful for any notes on the colours of the Southern Rhodesian Air Force Spitfire MK22s that this guide might have please.

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Wayne,

The only colour notes that I can find in the 4+ book is the profile on the back page which shows an F22 of No1(Aux) Sqn Southern Rhodesian Air Force, Cranbourne 1951-52. Scheme is overall gloss light grey with a red spinner and RAF D Type roundels in 6 positions . Horizontal green, yellow, green bars flank the fuselage roundel. Serial No SR65 appears underwing and on rear fuselage.

HTH,

Ian

Thanks for that Ian, that seems to be about all the info available anywhere- Ex SRAF chaps say the planes were delivered in silver/ali and later painted a light blue, possibly similar to PRU.

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne,

The only colour notes that I can find in the 4+ book is the profile on the back page which shows an F22 of No1(Aux) Sqn Southern Rhodesian Air Force, Cranbourne 1951-52. Scheme is overall gloss light grey with a red spinner and RAF D Type roundels in 6 positions . Horizontal green, yellow, green bars flank the fuselage roundel. Serial No SR65 appears underwing and on rear fuselage.

HTH,

Ian