Tamiya MERKAVA Mk 1

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

Cheers chaps, i must say it flew together! I am really looking forwards to painting the beast i must say

Guest snipersmudge

Right finished the rubber mud flaps today, made from plastic card, next probably tomorrow painting!

S8001603.jpg

S8001604.jpg

S8001605.jpg

S8001606.jpg

cheers

Pete

Very nice added details, Pete..!

Cheers,

ggc

Guest snipersmudge

cheers guys, tis on hold at the moment whilst i wait for the paint i need to arrive, should have checked i had paint before i started!

Guest snipersmudge

Hi all well the paint arrived yesterday so today I've got the first coat on, I'm useing xtracrylix israeli tank sand grey. I think the colour looks pretty good compared to photos of the real thing. Next will be some lighter shades airbrushed over the model to break up the single colour. But that will be later after i've had some kip(on nights last night!)

As you can see the details have really popped out especially the weld lines on the turret and the cast texture of the hull etc. The cast a cote once sprayed also gives a nice texture and also breaks up the single colour somehow. Here's some pics,

S8001645.jpg

S8001646.jpg

S8001647.jpg

S8001648.jpg

S8001649-1.jpg

S8001650-1.jpg

S8001651-1.jpg

S8001652-1.jpg

cheers

Pete

Guest snipersmudge

No Daz it's the hannants xtracrlix, couldn't get the lifecolor quick enough, impatient sod me!!, looks about right though don't you think?

Guest snipersmudge

Bit more done today, decals on and the first coat of filters. Decals went down no problem with abit of help from Mr mark setter and softener. I plan to add some dark pin washes once happy with the filters, I'm using MIG P246 grey for bright green and P242 tan for tri colour camo. I will also be using MIG powders for the lower hull and uppers eventually. I am looking for a dusty appearance as would be seen in Israeli training grounds etc. of course if it where to rain it would be muddy but I'm looking for a dusty faded look.

I will probably use 3 or 4 coats of filter to build up the look i want.

S8001658.jpg

S8001659.jpg

Cheers

Pete

Looking good Pete..! :thumbsup2:

Cheers,

ggc

Guest snipersmudge

Here's a little update for you, I've been chipping away quite literally on the Merkava adding some paint chipping using dark and light shades of the base colour, I've also added a dark pin wash with oils. next will be a few more filters, I've added 3 so far and then the rest of the weathering especially on the lower hull will be with pigments

S8001661.jpg

S8001662.jpg

S8001664.jpg

S8001665.jpg

S8001666.jpg

S8001667.jpg

the next lot of filters should tone down the chipping by the way to make it more subtle, thats the plan anyway!

cheers

Pete