English Electric Lightning F6

Dean,

It's nice this one got resurrected and we can savor this beautiful bird once more, I've still got a special place on MY shelf waiting for it!!!!!!!!.

Regards,

JB.

Spot on!! What I particularly like is the wings! The Airfix kit's wings need some TLC to get the leading edge shape - with kinks et al - correct. This is often missed and you've got it absolutely bang on!! Fantastic build!!

EDIT: Just been looking for the WIP on this Dean - where is it?

EDIT No 2: Found it!!!!!

Edited by Bill Clark

Blimey, I went away to work for a week and when I came back I thought I'd been through a time warp! Nice to see that this is still being appreciated, chaps.

Thanks for the nice comments - according to the stats I've now had 50 different people comment on this build, and that's a new record for me. Never reached the half century before.

Cheers,

Dean

• 5 years later...

just seen this - something to aspire to doing my 1/48 for the current STGB.......stunning...can you remember the colour used on the twin spine antenna mount and what did you do to make the 2 Aes - they don't seem to be in the kit?

Aaaaaand another time warp! Blimey, five years down the line and it surfaces again...

Thanks for the extra comments folks, it's always appreciated.

Tim, from memory I think the spine antenna plate was painted Tamiya XF-5 Dark Earth. Having looked at the real ones, they were fibreglass and varied markedly in shade, so any brown would probably do. As for the two Aes - I assume you mean the antennae themselves? They were made from two bits of thin plastic rod, probably about 0.3mm, glued into holes drilled with a micro drill. Hope that helps.

Cheers all,

Dean

• 2 years later...

I've been searching the forums for a 1/48 Lightning build as I get ready to start my own. I don't think I will find a better one anywhere! Breathtaking.