Concorde as a nuclear strike aircraft

Keef , Its between the laminate doors and ornamental pond furniture , next to the American low observables and Gyproc coving :analintruder: ...Bit of a cockup on the gramma front...I shall have myself withdrawn from use immediately and returned to the factory for retiming. :toilet: ...............

F32 .....Easy mistake , I knew a bloke who swore that he saw a B58 flying around the UK in the nineties, can't imagine what that was,( but then he was 86, blind as a bat and certifiably insane ):banghead:

Mike which scheme would you go for ,I think wrap around matt grey/green or high gloss grey/green/white would be cool, but then the RAF sand/ brown , ala Hercules would look great too, have to have a think about this , I've got another old Concorde knocking about somewhere :wicked:

Cheers,

Andy

Mike which scheme would you go for ,I think wrap around matt grey/green or high gloss grey/green/white would be cool, but then the RAF sand/ brown , ala Hercules would look great too, have to have a think about this , I've got another old Concorde knocking about somewhere :wicked:

Andy - you've gotta have a wraparound Vulcan stylee scheme. It's contemporary, innit? btw - apologies for not congratulating you on another nice whiffer :)

Thanks Mike ,now what loadout could we have on that ??? ( Shrikes, Skyflash,sidewinders, ALARM , Stormshadow , Brimstone, Harpoon, Stingray, .............................choices ,choices :hmmm: ........................... I will get onto it just as soon as I've finished this ruddy Sperrin :banghead:???...........................

Oooh, blimey... Weapons aren't my strong point. :shrug: Something big & evil looking would be good though, and extra-pointy to cope with the high speeds.

.... high gloss grey/green/white would be cool,

That was the scheme my dear departed 617 sqn machine was in.... :crying: It did indeed look B) though!

Now, I've been trying my best to close my mind to all these ideas being bandied about - but it just so happens that I have a Revell Concorde sitting upstairs that's just been minding its own business innocently waiting to be built & finished as a final B.A. Chatham scheme machine - just what every Concorde kit wants to be when they grow up! :) (it certainly wouldn't want to become an Air Chance one!! :P ) But - I'm now having these wicked thoughts of what it might look like in one of the latest tactical grey schemes with lo-viz roundels. Like a current Nimrod. But sleeker.......!!

Keef

Right Mike , now you've done it , how about an air dropped version of Polaris or Trident ( both were serious considerations believe it or not :hypnotised: :hypnotised: :hypnotised: ). or the Bristol X12 ,a huge wicked looking stand off bomb project!! I suppose long range fuel tanks would be in there somewhere as well.....Why not go the whole hog and strap a Blue Streak to it :jump_fire:

Keef old thing, don't be having idea's now ,you know what the doctor said :shocked: Actually I was going to do my first Conc in those colours , think it would suit it down to the ground ( as it were!!!),

That was the scheme my dear departed 617 sqn machine was in.... ..
..............What happened to it ?

Anyone suggest a good name (printable) for the aircraft , someone mentioned ' Vengeance' and I've also read that 'Fireflash' (FAB) was considered , though there was an AAM missile of that name. Stick of gum for the best one!

Anyway it's good fun to speculate,

Andy

Edited by general melchett

..............What happened to it ?

Disappeared without trace somewhere north of Murmansk. Sources speculate that it was shot down by a lucky long distance missile shot from a SU-15 ............Actually the cotton broke & it hit my bedroom floor with a resounding thud. The resulting category 5 damage to the airframe led to it being 'reduced to produce'!!! I told you I built it a loooooooong time ago!!! :D

And as to names, I can't think of anything appropriate at the mo, but I really don't think anything French would go down well with the RAF. I think there'd be mutiny....!!! :lol:

Keef

Great idea's chaps , like the sound of Rapier :analintruder: , though Vitesse is good , starting with a v of course , conformal fuel tanks would certainly add something to the design aside from weight and range!!! mix that with payload ,radar ,defence weapons and colour scheme you'd have a mighty impressive machine :jump_fire: Only thing is it would need a tanker airbourne 24/7 :D

Obi-jiff 'DeGaulle B1' , why not go completely mental and call it the ( drum roll!).............. British Aircraft Corporation, Aerospatial Margaret Thatcher B/SRmk2(A)...... :hypnotised: :hypnotised: :hypnotised: ,...... She was a closish ally , military and had a big nose :whistle:

Keef ....totally amazing ..that very same thing happened to mine a few years back ....pride of my fleet (617 as well)I was hanging it from a beam with fishing line to photo build for a certain model mag when bang the knot came undone and down it came , onto a concrete floor ....reduced to scrap , 5 months of work gone in 2 seconds :raincloud:

I'll get my coat...............

There's something very amusing about the idea of a squadron of Thatchers. If they took off in fours, like the old Vulcan QRAs, would one of them keep getting lost?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, & then it would get knighted when it finally found it's way home!!! :rolleyes::D

Keef

It would have to a Mirage 10 and then Dassault would have sold hundreds and BAC would have made a mint. I would fit it out with Skybolts.

Regards :winkgrin:

David

Ah ha! But the real supersonic V-Bomber was the 8 jet Avro 720 which entered service with 27 squadron. Here is a somewhat shaky clandestine picture with its recce partner the TSR2!

David

I had a chat with Renaud at Sharkit a while ago and tried to convince him to do the 720 in 1/72 scale, got him thinking of doing a multi media type kit, big bits in vac and details in resin, similar to how Welsh Models do theirs.

Edited by kitnut617

When it comes to scrapping it why bother we could all shell out 3 million for a state funeral :analintruder:.............. It probably wouldn't even get off the runway , going straight into radioactive meltdown ( much like the economy) and then get booted out by it's own squadron!!!, :mg:

David , where do you think all their tech for the big Mirages came from , if you said BAC and Fairey (Delta 111) you wouldn't be far wrong :wicked:

Kitnut , You are aptly named ,are you still making it or is it finished , be a hell of an impressive beast , have you got any more pics of it ?(did you sort out all the known probs with the thing? ,but on reflection , being a what'-if I don't suppose it matters :D).Regarding the Avro 720 that would be a real gem most certainly get one if I could find somewhere to house it !!.

Andy

Kitnut , You are aptly named ,are you still making it or is it finished , be a hell of an impressive beast , have you got any more pics of it ?(did you sort out all the known probs with the thing? ,but on reflection , being a what'-if I don't suppose it matters :D).Regarding the Avro 720 that would be a real gem most certainly get one if I could find somewhere to house it !!.

Andy

Hi Andy,

At the moment it's been shelved, for the last year I have been in the middle of a house move, we've moved three times during that time, but have now got our new home. I've a dedicated hobby room earmarked but it will be the last thing to organize as there is a number of other things to do first (have to keep SWMBO happy)

Cheers,

Robert

Here for comparison are some Deltas, FD1, Avro 707, Avro 720 and Avro Vulcan B2 all in 144!

David

avros.jpg

avros2.jpg

When it comes to scrapping it why bother we could all shell out 3 million for a state funeral :analintruder:.............. It probably wouldn't even get off the runway , going straight into radioactive meltdown ( much like the economy) and then get booted out by it's own squadron!!!, :mg:

David , where do you think all their tech for the big Mirages came from , if you said BAC and Fairey (Delta 111) you wouldn't be far wrong :wicked:

Andy

Now then , then now ,now then ...now ...that is really great B) , recognise the Corgi Vulcan ( got a few of those myself :closedeyes: , shouldn't mention them here really :analintruder: ) , as you say Nostalgic 720 , what would the FD1 and 707 be? only ones I know of are Olimps injected kit, Maintrack vacs( 1/72nd) and Chris Sayers little gems (1/200th) so these elude me ( not difficult :S )...Really must get the 720 when it's re-released later in the year ,apparently the moulds have been updated to include full undercarriage and more detail.....should go well with the Bombcorde, and................ ( stealth mode) Handley Page HP100 that I have under way!!.....

Thanks for pics,

Andy

Edited by general melchett