Ugly, Ugly, Ugly

bunnylurve

Going along the same lines Mike how about this thing,

It's the Handley Page hp75 Manx , looks cosy :kissing2: ( eventually ended up as the Victor !!!),

britishsecretprojects_2Medium.jpg

Or this little ditty , the Airspeed AS 31 ' thingy', more cutsey than fugly i suppose, still isn't exactly soothing on the old eyeballs :hypnotised:

Looks like a Heinkel bubble car tail ended a Bolton Paul Defiant !!! :S

Upnorth are you mad , that's a thing of beauty, :wub:

2008_0802Kunovice0315.jpg

AIRSPEEDAS31SIDEMedium.jpg

Bex I'm surprised at you

Im surprised no ones mentioned it, but Spitfires are ruddy FUGLY too, where as Hurricanes are so beautiful wub.gif

Don't you mean;

Im surprised no ones mentioned it, but Spitfires are ruddy FUGLY too, where as Hurricanes are even worse wub.gif

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Edited by general melchett

There's only one winner in this contest:

Runner up:

Whoa, that's UGLY!

Outright winner:

REALLY SERIOUSLY, TERMINALLY UGLY!

You think something that ugly would be given some help, but no, they had to really make a statement. Bless 'em.

Well, I'll agree with you that the "Dream Lifter" mod 747 is hideous, a straight 747 is rather attractive to me.

If you had to have a 747 family member to play "runner up" to the Dream Lifter it would have to be the YAL-1 laser nosed beast :sick:

One of these perhaps? FUGLY

:whistle:

<ducks to avoid incoming> :evil_laugh:

Bex

Hey Bex!

Thats one perfect piece of Fokker licensed and honest built dutch aircraftmanship, in light and sea grey... I see nothing wrong with it!!!!

One of these perhaps? FUGLY

:whistle:

<ducks to avoid incoming> :evil_laugh:

Bex

Hey Bex!

Thats one perfect piece of Fokker licensed and honest built dutch aircraftmanship, in light and sea grey... I see nothing wrong with it!!!!

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the Fairey Barracuda yet?

Fairey_Barracuda_Mk_I.jpg

All those dangly flaps and slats and slots! Not to mention the lumps, buldges and wait... Is that a drainpipe I see before me?

What a Munter!

Rob M.

Edited by Rob M.

The Barracuda... This recalls a poem in the FlyPast magazine some time ago. Don't remeber the full poem but the last line was something like

"finally dispelling the rumor, that britons have no sense of humor"

Edited by Dragon knight

I can just imagine the design review:

We'll take a shed, add a couple of garden cloches as a canopy, some wings and a length of drainpipe. Couple of fence panels as high lift devices and a fixed tailwheel and there we are... The next generation carrier attack aircraft!

Can't understand why none exist anymore?

Cheers,

Rob M

• 1 year later...

Maybe we should be using the term gawky, or awkward, or non-harmonious, rather then f-ugly.

After all, my favorite British military airplane is the Heyford. I have so much respect for that monster. After all, how many twin engine propeller driven bombers could be looped and survive?

As for awkward looking airplanes I think the Vickers Vildebeest wins hands down.

Just my opinion from the colonies.

After all, my favorite British military airplane is the Heyford. I have so much respect for that monster. After all, how many twin engine propeller driven bombers could be looped and survive?

I have more respect for the gunners managing not to fall out when it did..... :giles::D

keef

Gotta say we've had some dog's haven't we! though of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder -or through the bottom of beer glasses.....something like that!

Some would say that aircraft like the Buccaneer or Lightning is ugly, but then there again as many others would say they ain't. Some would say I'm ugly, but my wife doesn't think so....each to their own!!

But for ugliness I give you ...the F14 Tomcat! It wins hands down - soooooo ugly!!!What were they thinking about with those twin fins - double the ugliness if you ask me!!

Looks like Clarkie's heading for a slap with the Tomcat statement! :mg::fight: Just kidding Bill, like you said in the first part of your post, some will see beauty, others will see ugliness. The way of the world I guess...

Joel