Ugly, Ugly, Ugly

bunnylurve

No it's OK I've finally found it ....Tail too big , fuselage too short and fat , wings too stubby and flap about, nose too short , sits all squat and covered in ugly bits all hanging off at funny angles !!!!.............

Gotta be the..........PD3062167Library-filer-of-an-R-8634.jpg

Run .....run for the hills , run for your life ! :jump_fire: :jump_fire: :jump_fire: !!

General!!! You obviously have been at the "O" Mess tooooooo long for you have no concept of the meaning of the word/term Ugly. How dare you make such a Blasphemous statement....Oh maybe you meant it how ugly it can be to someone on the receiving end in which case yes it is quite unsightly to see one bearing down on your position, whether you be above the clouds or hugging the weeds.

and to that young whippersnapper Timraven1992, go back and get a proper dictionary not one written by a half-witted snerdgoffler and you will see that the word ugly applies in no manner or form to the " Phantastic Phlying Phantom " by either designation F-4 or FGR.. :fight:

Edited by Angels49

"UGLY IS AS UGLY DOES"

Mamma Gump :yikes:

Edited by CPNGROATS

No it's OK I've finally found it ....Tail too big , fuselage too short and fat , wings too stubby and flap about, nose too short , sits all squat and covered in ugly bits all hanging off at funny angles !!!!.............

Gotta be the..........the general is an idjit

Run .....run for the hills , run for your life ! :jump_fire: :jump_fire: :jump_fire: !!

Reckon thats a banning offence eh Mike ?
I'll second that John!

Ok Gang, I know Im not exactly a Tonka Fan, but, Ive gotta say this:

"When are we gonna Court Martial The General???" :analintruder:

Bex

P.S: :sorry: Andy, couldnt resist it :rofl:

OK all rise , so I stand before you as the accused , having willfully and with naughtiness aforethought dared to insinuate that the said mechanical' lighter than air ' flying machine is not aesthetically pleasing to the eye and find myself ...........................guilty!!!

I shall have myself removed from here to a place of execution and there flogged (don't know how much you'll get? ??) with a huge wet lettuce until very nearly dead or very actually dead :whip::shoot:

I leave all my worldly goods to Simon my pet armadillo.

General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmany Melchett ( deceased or is that diseased :S !)......

Right , where did I leave my :coat:

Oh yes, Angel my man ,

quite unsightly to see one bearing down on your position, whether you be above the clouds or hugging the weeds.

How very dare you Sir !!! my personal habits are not open to public debate !!!

.far prefer it to a tornado....had the bad luck to work on f3's ...yeuckkkkkk

See I'm not the only one, I have a friend ( don't laugh)................ who flew F3's at Coningsby and he happens to agree :tease:

:rofl:

Edited by general melchett

OK all rise , so I stand before you as the accused , having willfully and with naughtiness aforethought dared to insinuate that the said mechanical' lighter than air ' flying machine is not aesthetically pleasing to the eye and find myself ...........................guilty!!!

I shall have myself removed from here to a place of execution and there flogged (don't know how much you'll get? ??) with a huge wet lettuce until very nearly dead or very actually dead :whip::shoot:

I leave all my worldly goods to Simon my pet armadillo.

General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmany Melchett ( deceased or is that diseased :S !)......

Right , where did I leave my :coat:

Oh yes, Angel my man ,

How very dare you Sir !!! my personal habits are not open to public debate !!!

See I'm not the only one, I have a friend ( don't laugh)................ who flew F3's at Coningsby and he happens to agree :tease:

:rofl:

only one thing uglier than an f3 and thats two of the buggers, looked like a write off ...... coming off the production line...perhaps we should rename them honka :repuke:

:coolio:

Can't believe no-one's said the obvious munter of the aviation world- the clear hands down winner...

the Westland Wyvern...

Ugly might just be the Illyushin Il-14G photographic modification:

Here's the benign, inoffensive unmodified Il-14 first:

2008_0802Kunovice0309.jpg

And with the photo mods: :sick:

2008_0802Kunovice0313.jpg

2008_0802Kunovice0315.jpg

Seriously, if you want to go for an ugly aircraft that you actually can do in styrene for a reasonable price, the trainer version of the Illyushin Il-28 "Beagle" bomber is out there under the Bilek label:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=BK95372

The straight bomber version didn't look to bad, but the trainer was fugly

Can't believe no-one's said the obvious munter of the aviation world- the clear hands down winner...

the Westland Wyvern...

:shocked: Now that's tantamount to sacrilege! Burn the witch! :jump_fire:

Im surprised no ones mentioned it, but Spitfires are ruddy FUGLY too, where as Hurricanes are so beautiful :wub:

I think Id better get my :handbag: & :coat: pretty sharpish :analintruder:

Bex von LegginIt

Westland Wendover anyone?

p1229c35869gn.jpg

Well, you wanted ugly ^_^

Mike: Now that is ugly....almost looks like a real life wiffer....what was the roundish thing for on the tail...?? :hypnotised:

Cheers,

ggc

Mike: Now that is ugly....almost looks like a real life wiffer....what was the roundish thing for on the tail...?? :hypnotised:

Cheers,

ggc

It's a turret... for attacking German invasion barges, apparently linky :shrug:

One that I find less than attractive is..... I can't (or daren't!) say what it is, such is the fierce, fanatical following this aircraft has on Britmodeller. I would be hanged for sure, to be damned to make models of them for eternity. :hanging:

Oh what the hell? If Tim can get away with naming the Phantom, General M, the Tornado and Bex the Spitfire, I name the Lightning as not totally ugly, but rather less than pleasing to my eyes. There are far worse looking aircraft out there, but it looks confused as to what design it wants to be. Does it want to be a full delta, does it want a bubble canopy, would a belly intake suit it better?

Call it a confused, rather than an ugly, aircraft. I am certainly impressed by them in person, can't really remember them flying in real life, but they would have blown me away. And the models of the Lightning family I've seen on here are universally wonderful.

Joel :handbag: & :coat:

"It's a turret... for attacking German invasion barges, apparently.."

Thank's Mike for the info...Planning for invasion, the Wendover would have been like thorwing in the proverbial kitchen sink...!! Good thing it didn't come to that....

Cheers,

ggc

Ain't that the truth? If the invasion had gone ahead, it would have been after achieving fairly good air superiority, so the Wendover would have been easy prey for the fighters covering the invasion. Saying that, I can imagine that if they could actually reach a barge, the articulated turret would have allowed them to lay guns on the barge for a good while longer than a standard strafing run, allowing them to pretty comprehensively trash it.