spitfire resin bits

Paolo6691

Hello all

a couple of days ago I decided to start my Fujimi rec spit (1/72 as in the topic), on opening the box I noticed that the cockpit area is pure fantasy, and I don't think I will be able to scatch all the stuff needed. expecialy the bulkheads.

So I was wondering what is available for this kit, any comment form use will be gladly welcomed.

Also since we are talking about resin, I would love to do, at a later date , Johnnie Johnson spit with the beer barrels under then wings.

does any cottage industry produces them?

thanks very much , Paolo

I will concurr with the above Honorable Gentleman and with minimal tweaking the Italeri Pit can be built as a single unit and slid in from below. I've done this with my Fujimi Spit when I abandoned my Italeri due to the wing being all askew and unfixable. Another good source for Spit bits is the Revell Mk V seeing as the wing is unusable but the kit itself is cheap enough.

I believe SAM Publications do a set of resin beer barrels for the Spit', but I'm not sure on scale.

just checked here... http://www.sampublications.com/sampubs.htm

And it appears to be 1/48th so may not help you. Looks nice though.

Steve.

Edited by Bennygman

Thanks very much , I dug out a box of the italeri spit V I had and I think I will try tomorrow to replicate the seat support frame with plasticard.

One last question, since I will be doing a pr Spit I am sure it had a tank behind the seat, would it have a flat top or a rounded one as I saw in merlin engined Pr Spits.

thanks Paolo

One last question, since I will be doing a pr Spit I am sure it had a tank behind the seat, would it have a flat top or a rounded one as I saw in merlin engined Pr Spits.

I found the answer to that last question of mine, here

Spitfire Pr XIX walkaround

just after I hacked the cockpit :banghead:

now it is somewhat fixed to his previous standard with a solid sheet of metal (plastic in the model) at the end of the trasparency.

time to shape those 3 cilindrical tanks.

I will post some pics when the model will look a little more decent than now

Bye Paolo