Ju-88A-6 Diorama - Figure Nr.2 - Update 21.07.

PetrOs

Hello

The planned diorama will contain a large number of figures and some vehicles, and this thread will show you the figures. Vehicle thread will appear when I will build any ;)

While the cockpit assembly and the fuselage of the Ju are drying, I went on painting one of the figures. It was a white metal pilot figure from airwaves - AW33 Luftwaffe WW2 Airman, Standing, Peaked Cap. The guy is the first of the Junkers' 3-men crew, other 2 will be the ones from CMK.

After unpacking, the figure looked so: (Plastic piece attached as a provisional stand for painting)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

After some cleanup (there was a small but visible seam on the figures' sides, scrapped with scalpel and smoothed by a bit of CA glue) and priming with Gunze's Mr.Metal Primer I have hand painted the figure using model master and revell nitros, tamiya, gunze and vallejo acrylics, just grabbing the right color from my shelf. After the basic color application I painted the details and then used the spanish method for the shadows instead of washing. So here is the result

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by PetrOs

Nice work :o

But I have to ask (honestly), spanish method?

Can you explain for a novice like me please?

cheers Bob

Spanish method - instead of making the shadows using a wash and highlights with drybrushing, you paint the shadows using a darker shade and highlights with a lighter shade of the main color. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

While waiting for the C.R. 42 motor to dry, I painted the next figure. It is a CMK resin one, and a very fine one!

As always, I employed a number of different techniques, giving the life jacket a wash but doing the spanish way on all other surfaces and folds

Here he is:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg