Planning department

Guest snipersmudge

Well I've decided what I'm going to build for starters guys and gals.

Sorry about the quality of the pics.

This was my first time using Imageshack. As Photobucket was mucking about again.

A Type 61.

dscf3461rg8.th.jpg

A Type 74.

dscf3459bv2.th.jpg

And a Type 90.

dscf3460bv9.th.jpg

Thanx for looking.

Cheers Daz

Edited by daz greenwood

Guest snipersmudge

Hey Daz welcome back, got the mud out from between your toes yet?. looking forwards to your builds, got a soft spot for japanese armour me!

Guest snipersmudge

glad you got back safe, yep i'm really looking forwards to getting started. I think i will start with the Merkava first

Hello folks,

I thought I`d put up a few pictures of Cromwell Models Aussie Centurion. The scale is 1:76 and it really is beautifully cast.I`ve added a tin of Revell paint just to add a sense of scale.What you see there consists of three pieces,hull ,turret and gun test fitted together. There are another dozen or so bits to add including the rear fuel tank,turret hatches etc. I think I`ll add maybe a couple of crew figures to it and a .30 cal on the roof from the airfix jeep kit,and mount it on a small base. If you like Centurions (and who here doesn`t) buy one!

DSC00808.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

Picked this one up from the Tyneside show for £15.

Cheers,Tim.

Edited by Derwentsider

Very nice detail on it.

Its really nice,the first resin armour kit I`ve bought.At first I though £15...... :hmmm: ,but then you consider that Dragon armour kits are now £10-£11 in 1/72 it didn`t seem so bad,considering the high rejection rate of resin castings.

Tim: Nice details on the Cromwell, resin molding really can capture the details..I'm looking forward to seeing your painting/detailing on this one..

Cheers,

ggc

Can I build one please? ;)

I'll be building the Airfix Challenger 2 (which I've been told is a Trumpeter rebox) and an Academy Warrior MCV. Both in 1/35 scale, and they will be my first big scale ones.

If I feel really sick, I could do them in a diorama! :analintruder:

I'll have to have a think, or maybe a lie down :lol:

Cheers

Tim

Guest snipersmudge
Can I build one please? ;)

I'll be building the Airfix Challenger 2 (which I've been told is a Trumpeter rebox) and an Academy Warrior MCV. Both in 1/35 scale, and they will be my first big scale ones.

If I feel really sick, I could do them in a diorama! :analintruder:

I'll have to have a think, or maybe a lie down :lol:

Cheers

Tim

Tim you are more than welcome, great kit choices too!

Pete

Well, I was so ****** off about RIAT I walked into Chesterfield and bought meself this beauty from the craft shop in town.

Gotta clear a couple of other kits off the bench before I can get really stuck in, but its been too long since I did a tank

picture60370.jpg

Guys I'm going to have to stop the builds of my two entries for the GB as I've lost so many of the small fittings that they will be incomplete. And I can't see the point of carrying on with them.

So sorry guys.

But I will return with something else.

Cheers Daz

Edited by daz greenwood

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am hoping to join in this group build as my -

- first build in a long time

- first build on a forum

- and first group build!

so please take it easy on me :)

Plans are to build an Academy 1/35 Warrior MCV in UN Paintscheme. I started it last night so expect some photo's to appear in the main build forum this evening.