Panavia Tornado GR.4

Thank you for all those pleasant comments. Some of them are overly complimentary, I'm sure! But I really do appreciate them. :)

Compared to some of the work I see this isn't up to much but I've enjoyed the journey!

Almost there now...!

Andy

Thank you again guys. I've just been building this one for fun really so if anything I've said/done has turned out useful for people then that's certainly a bonus for me.

All the best,

Andy

Thank you again guys. I've just been building this one for fun really so if anything I've said/done has turned out useful for people then that's certainly a bonus for me.

All the best,

Andy

Tried your method for the handles on my tornado, the yellow was a bit lost but the "texture" looks great. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow updates! Having your first child will do that to you! In the very limited time I have to model at the moment, I've got the Tornado pretty much finished - on the home straight now with the canopy detailing complete. It's now attached so I'll leave the glue to harden over night before removing the supports. In the mean time, here's a few shot of the part itself...

Attaching the WSOp's sticks to the canopy frame using parts from the spares box - they're used to brace against G and fire off chaff/flares I believe but ready to stand corrected of that's wrong. I've also replicated the MDC with lead wire.

Canopy1.jpg

The finished canopy, with all of the air-con hoses, etc, attached.

Canopy2.jpg

Canopy3.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

how did you attache the cord inside the canopy?

Hiya,

The MDC was the first job to be done on the canopy. It started with the canopy resting on a duster and a length of 0.2mm lead wire was attached to the front framing with Gator Acrylic Hobby Glue (great stuff - dries really strong but is completely odourless and won't cloud transparencies - the strong man of PVAs!). Then, once that anchor point was established, I used a combination of cocktail sticks and the rounded end of a paint brush handle to insert the kinks in the wire and manoeuvre it to the next anchor point on the central frame. Again it was glued with a tiny spot of Gator and left to dry. I repeated that for the rear canopy and once it had dried to the rear frame snipped off the excess wire. Then, to hide the attachment points at the front and centre, the internal frame was mounted over the top of the wire (it's so thin that it's hardly noticable). The one at the rear doesn't matter because once the canopy is attached that part it hidden due to it's proximity to the spine of the aircraft.

Hope that's helpful.

Andy

Ohhh dear, think ive just had a crisis.

What a stunning Tornado this is, absolutley fantastic, it reall is, and my favourite aircraft to. Totally insiring work, well done.

Phew, finally complete! Or at least I'm calling it complete because I've run out of steam! Finished photos HERE if anyone wants to see them.

Thanks to everyone who's helped out along the way! :thumbsup:

Andy

DSC02521_web.jpg