Jump to content

* Bf.109E-4, Hptm. Hans von Hahn, I/JG3 : FINISHED


PetrOs
 Share

Recommended Posts

Together with the Academy Bf.109D-1 I fetched Hasegawa's Bf.109E "Hahn". I am still not sure whether I will be doing it as Hans "Assi" Hahn's aircraft or fetch some other decals, will check if any other interesting decals are available at my other dealer's shop on the way home

Anyways, the Hase's kit is quite attractive and well detailed one. Tamiya is probably even better, but the Hase's one costs much less (Hase's E + Academy's D = 1 Tamiya's E) ;) It also includes a small PE fret.

Cheers

Petr

P.S. I fetched the Techmod Bf-109E-4 decal sheet, and will most likely do the aircraft of Walter Oesau, White 13, from the 3/JG51, as seen in August 40. The decal sheet looks great, and has 2 paint masks included as bonus! If I'll have some time, Ill build some other aircraft from this sheet, (Franz von Werra Stab II/JG3, Oblt Helmut Wick Staffelkapitan III/JG2, Hptm. Helmut Wick Gruppenkommandeur I/JG2), probably from Tamiya kit just to compare.

Edited by PetrOs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

A parallel build of a twin E-4s. This is the hasegawa one (on the right).

Impression - cockpit - nice dashboard with good decal. Not so good seat and walls. Cockpit engineering is same as in Academy's kit, with less detail.. Has a better fit then academy. Fuselage and wings fit is worse then Tamiya or Academy, but still ok. Strangely, the under-nose radiator intake has quite different form in hasegawa's E then in Tamiya's, being shorter and wider.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did some work on both my Messerschmitts today, and decided to "swap" the paint schemes planned. Now the Tamiya one is painted to be the Walter Oesau's mount, and the Hasegawa's will be finished with the Hans von Hahn decals from the box.

Anyways, I have masked the cockpits with the Techmod's masks. These fit ideally on the Hasegawa's cockpit, but not as good on the Tamiya ones, so some tape was used, too. Preshading was done with Tamiya black. I sprayed the yellow areas with Gunze's RLM 04, and masked them off. Then the aircraft was given a layer of Modelmaster RLM65. More masking, this time Modelmaster RLM02. Then even more, and Modelmaster's RLM71. Hahn's aircraft was then given RLM 02 mottling. Then the masks were removed except @ the cockpit.

Here are the results (Hasegawa)

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, as usual, I used the breaks in work (working at home on PC, IT consultant/software developer..) I applied the "main" decals to the duo. Also I assembled the undercarriages.Wheels are just stuck on to protect the wheel covers until the True Details resin would arrive. Hahn's aircraft is the black <<| one.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Some closeup:

10.jpg

11.jpg

I guess I'll try to speed up the Oesau's aircraft to finish it tomorrow, but I will also do the stencilling on this one same time. Hahn's aircraft would have a bit less priority tomorrow, as I want to finish at least one of the things before my girlfriend would come back from her foreign study semester on wednesday, meaning my time would be much reduced ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, after a few days without model-making I managed to close the last of the Bf.109 trio to the finish. The only thing missing before I can declare all my three Bf.109s ready are the true details wheels. These would only arrive this or even next week ...

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

And this is how the trio is looking in my new display vitrine.

(Top row - 3rd GvIAP KBF project aircraft, second row - BoB group build, third row - US Navy aircraft )

5.jpg

6.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent looking 109, PetrOs!

Very nice looking vitrin, with even nicer content! :)

Cheers,

Azgaron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...