* Westland Lysander: FINISHED.

AnonymousDFB1

Looks good so far.

Just some info from experiance. The clear parts need a fair bit of fitting and sanding to get them right. Take your time for that part of the build. It's also best done before adding the wings and struts.

Looks good so far.

Just some info from experiance. The clear parts need a fair bit of fitting and sanding to get them right. Take your time for that part of the build. It's also best done before adding the wings and struts.

Thanks Erwin, this turning out to be one fiddly kit.

Well done you two - looking really good - in fact I have built one of these and thought it a rather good kit.

I think I used to know a chap who flew one of these - taking "Joes" I think they were called into France. I believe he had an accident and got burnt a bit - goodness how the memory fails on occasions. Quite a big aeroplane.

David.

Glad I'm keeping my eye on this one, looks a lot of work. Keep up thr good work Mish.

I have one of these in my stash, I'm going to give it a wide birth for a while!

Dave

Now that's looking really good Mish. Nicely done!

What's the problem with the finish on the wings? Apart from that one splotch of green on the port wing it looks just fine to me. Oh and nice job on the free hand camo.

What's the problem with the finish on the wings? Apart from that one splotch of green on the port wing it looks just fine to me. Oh and nice job on the free hand camo.

Some of the green is a bit 'streaky' when you get up close Darren, and the splodge where I started spraying green on the brown.

Some of the green is a bit 'streaky' when you get up close Darren, and the splodge where I started spraying green on the brown.

Still looking good all the same mish.

I think we sometimes forget these paint jobs were sometimes done in the middle of a warzone, so most where far from perfect. Do you use a gloss coat before applying your decals, I'm always suprised how many sin that can cover!!! As I said I have one of these in the stash so I'm interested in your build although it will be some time before I build it. your's is looking good Mate. keep it up

Dave

Well a mega airbrush session today and the camo, all bar a bit of touching up is done.

Sky underside next, put the glazing in and paint the framing, wheels on, wings on, coat of Klear, decal, Klear again weather, Klear again and she will be done.

Just a couple of pics today.

y60l6h.jpg

y60l6i.jpg

Thanks for looking.

How come you've left the sky til last? :hmmm: Makes covering up the overspray from your camo a bit harder... not a MAJOR problem, but just thought I'd ask. I didn't know that some Lizzies were painted sky underside either. I thought they were always black. Just goes to show what I know :fool:

My mistake Mike, I just wanted to crack on with the camo and forgot till I was half way done that I needed to mask up the underside :doh:

The Mk1 and III was sky and camo the Mkii or SD as it was know was all black and had the ladder on the port side for fast exit and access of agents.

Looking good so far.

I believe some Lysanders also had silverdope undersidewings with the camouflage on the fuselage going underneath.

Edited by Erwin