* Westland Lysander: FINISHED.

AnonymousDFB1

Interesting object Mish!

I got the original Matchbox kit, without box though!

Love to see it built!

Cheers,

Azgaron

A marathon five our build this afternoon and not much to show for it! I spent several hours last night trying to find pictures of Lysander interiors and what I found confused rather than helped. Interior colours seem to range between yuck yellow, very light green, cream, silver, black and the green I went with. I did so for no other reason than I liked it. Even the tank that the pilots seat is on ranged in colours. again I went with my gut feeling. Instrument panels ever preserved Lysander seems to have different instruments in different places, when they have a full set!

So this is a Lysander Mk1 Mish style. I don't care if you tell me it's wrong because I don't tink there is a right one out there.

Okay on with the pics:

Painted but before weathering

y6o0ln.jpg

After weathering

y6o0lo.jpg

Cockpit area together, minus pilots control panel

y6o0lr.jpg

A couple of close ups

y6o0l6.jpg

y6o0lv.jpg

And the wide shot

y6o0l0.jpg

I'm undecided about pilot and gunner as they are not the best moldings, either way I'm going to have to scratch build some harnesses :undecided:

Very nice work so far Mish! Very nice frame and pit!

As I got a Lizzie in my stash, I wouldn't mind some pics, if possible!

Cheers,

Azgaron

My WIP thread's here..

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12948

I made the belts out of medical tape, painted them 'doped linen' colour and put a blob of paint on them for buckles and straps.

In 1/72nd, this looked fine, but for 1/32nd, you'll probably need something a lot more refined than that.

Have you tried MDC etch belts? I just tried one for the first time on my 1/24th Hurri, and it was lovely.

_D9O1491.jpg

MDC's site's here, with a link straight to the 1/32nd belts..

http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/department...291/1/1/-/54291

Cheers,

Nick

Right production on the Lizzy has come to a hold whilst I source details on harness'. I think I may have found a PE set for the pilot, but at £4! not a lot but being out of work I need to be careful what I spend money on.

So whilst waiting on to the Wyvern.

Sorry to hear that Nick ordered the Sutton harness from the link you gave me and will scratch the lap belt from tape/paper.

No, I'm fine. Super fantastic! (As an Austrian client of mine says).. Just crap at calling people back and the like.

Thanks for the thought though!

Not much to show for today's efforts.

Talk about fiddly. Took a few hours work.

I've got the PE harness' cut out, painted and fitted. They're not great, I need to touch them up a bit I think.

Pilots seat

y66966.jpg

Rear seat

y6696u.jpg

With the rest of the parts that I painted today I should be able to finish the cockpit area tomorrow or maybe later today.

Looking good Mish

I have one of these in My stash so it's nice to see how it goes together.

Good luck with it.

Dave

Hi Mish, I missed this one until today. I guess you're moving past the cockpit stage by now but if they're of any use I have the pilots notes for Lysander III which have cockpit views.

Regards _ Andy