Academy 1/48 F-111 Aardvark

Beauty 'Vark. I really like the glove vanes in the down position - looks wicked, like some robotic beastie coming to life.

I don't know 'ow in the 'ell I missed this one, but Tom you've made Academy very glad someone of your skill level did this one...You and JohntheYank are doing more to sell this kit or 'ave blokes going nutz trying to find one than anything Academy could ever do. Simply excellent work mate, excellent!!!. I think you should have named the thread "Very Vivacious 'Vark".

Edited by Angels49

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful. Great craftsmanship.

It's great to see an Aussie warbird on Britmodeller and not only that it's by a Scotsman from Aberdeen of all places (my in-laws had a bakery there many moons ago).

Sadly we're getting rid of these planes . They're being replaced by the JSF. Some gee-whiz,does all things,carries all things,single engined flying tank. Until we get them the RAAF will be flying the "super" Hornet.

It's a huge kit you've completed but it certainly looks the goods.

:partytime::jump_fire::partytime:

I just saw the Hobby Boss F-111A in the Squadron catalog - $98.99. Add the "must-have" Avionix cockpit set ($31.50)and the "Walkaround" book ($17.06) and were talking a total of $147.55USD/91.7603GBP.

Im wondering if it will be what is wanted, OOB. It ought to be, but Im wondering...

Edited by dahut