!/72 Spitfires.

What a fantastic collection of the best looking fighter of all time. :D Absolutely beautiful.Can`t wait for the Hurricane pics

Thanks Derwentsider, I'm just about done fiddling about with Picturetrail and may well be able to oblige with some Hurricanes. If all goes well, you should be able to see something here . . .

323317099.jpg

Looking good so far! This is the 1/72 Sword kit. Time for a new thread, I guess.

I first saw Tim's work on that " other site." On a lot of his pics, I have to do a double take, to see that they were models and not real aircraft.

I hope you get another pane of glass soon, so we can all see more of your most excellant talents.

Thanks very much Gary, though I hope you're not saying you'd rather my pilots looked LESS human!

Actually they're not human at all - they're just extensively modified plastic figures. Basically cobbled together from bits and pieces out of an old biscuit tin full of long-hoarded 'body parts', thin paper strip, bits of sprue, filler, a lot of sculpting and very careful detail painting.

Glad you like 'em anyway!

All the best,

Tim.

I would love to see a step by step guide to your pilot building and painting I have never seen such good pilots in any scale let alone 1/72 before

Tim,

Now I see what was happening.

The UAE proxy server was blocking PictureTrail, so I logged on to BM via a bypass.

Bloody hell! :yikes: They are phenomenal. Both the models and especially the photography. Some look like faded old colour photos from the war. Considering photography is my job, I'm very impressed.

Git. :P

Very, very impressive work.

Nick

Tim,

Now I see what was happening.

The UAE proxy server was blocking PictureTrail, so I logged on to BM via a bypass.

Bloody hell! :yikes: They are phenomenal. Both the models and especially the photography. Some look like faded old colour photos from the war. Considering photography is my job, I'm very impressed.

Git. :P

Very, very impressive work.

Nick

Thanks Nick, I'm glad you got it sorted out. The faded colour in some of them is probably just me playing around with the contrast on the scans of the original prints. I'm still learning how to do things on this whizz-bang computer that I've only had for about eight or nine months. Prior to that I didn't even know how to switch one on. I suppose I'll have to get into digital photography one of these days too.

All the best,

Tim.

Thanks very much Corporal Tim! What do you build yourself? I'd be guessing anything RAF!

Pretty much sums it up! I build RAF, and occasionaly foreign aircraft that take my fancy or are cheap! :analintruder:

I have also been known to dabble in Royal Navy aircraft :wicked:

My last model was my Sopwith Camel that I built for the modelling competition with cadets, it won as well! Linky

Cheers

Tim

Pretty much sums it up! I build RAF, and occasionaly foreign aircraft that take my fancy or are cheap! :analintruder:

I have also been known to dabble in Royal Navy aircraft :wicked:

My last model was my Sopwith Camel that I built for the modelling competition with cadets, it won as well! Linky

Cheers

Tim

I've just followed your link and had a look at your Camel, Tim. Top effort, mate! No doubt you'll see for yourself the comments I left there.

Cheers,

Tim.

Hi Tim, Just seen this thread (after commenting about some of the models in another thread - I should read a bit more on here!!). The photo's that were in the shop certainly attracted some comment - most finding it particularly difficult to believe they were 1/72nd scale models!!!

Excellent work Tim!!!

Ohmigod.Those Spits are gorgeous.You are a very skilled modeller and equally good with the camera.I am truly inspired. :worthy: