31 Sqn RAF RF-4C Phantom

bexwh773

Lovin it Bex :clap2:

Thanks F-32, from a right pig of a kit, its turned out rather smart :thumbsup2:

Bex

Well it goes to show Bex.

It's not the model, but the modeller who brings out the best of a bad kit.

Most kind of you Darth Daz :worthy:

Bex

What is that Massive pod? is it a Camera pod or something? What Markings you doing her in Bex? Looks like its coming on a treat!! Well done!! :speak_cool:

What is that Massive pod? is it a Camera pod or something? What Markings you doing her in Bex? Looks like its coming on a treat!! Well done!! :speak_cool:

The pod is called an EMI pod, used only by 2Sqn & 41Sqn only ---> Bottom of Page FGR2

This one will be in 31 Sqn markings, and thank you for the kind comment :thumbsup2:

Bex

Wow :wow: that has come out really nice, can't believe i've missed this build up to now.

Great idea, and superb use of all the bits and bobs and resin stuff :thumbsup2:

Al

Thanks Al :thumbsup2: Ive learnt an awful lot with this one, so much so, I bought another resin office :yahoo: The only thing that lets her down is the intakes, I thought Id sanded them down enough but I hadnt :( Other than that, shes turned out alot better than I expect :yahoo:

Bex

The pod is called an EMI pod, used only by 2Sqn & 41Sqn only ---> Bottom of Page FGR2

This one will be in 31 Sqn markings, and thank you for the kind comment :thumbsup2:

Bex

Nice one Bex, Thanks fo the info!! Its sort of like the TARPS pod carried by the Tomcat!

Nice one Bex, Thanks fo the info!! Its sort of like the TARPS pod carried by the Tomcat!

Youre most welcome :thumbsup2:

A small update then with a few more photys :yahoo: Ive been busy decalling her up, although the wing shot you cant really see that much, Ive been adding the very small "No Step" "No Push" etc decals, and on the nose, I had a spare Sharks Mouth so I thought Id add it too :yahoo:

Thanks for looking

Bex

yu14tr.jpg

yu14tt.jpg

yu14t6.jpg

yu14tu.jpg

yu14tv.jpg

Looking good Bex, the sharkmouth suits it perfectly :thumbsup:

I've got a 1/72 RF-4E in the stash (thanks Mish :)), and this is the inspiration I need to crack on with it once me bomber project is done and dusted!

Looking forward to seeing her finished :D

Looking good Bex, the sharkmouth suits it perfectly :thumbsup:

I've got a 1/72 RF-4E in the stash (thanks Mish :)), and this is the inspiration I need to crack on with it once me bomber project is done and dusted!

Looking forward to seeing her finished :D

Thanks both :thumbsup2:

Seamus, that Revell RF-4E kit is a great kit, for 72nd I think its well detailed. Ive learnt a helluva alot since I built mine (Dec 06) and in hindsight I wish I still had it in the stash instead of on the ceiling, but for a second model after 20 odd yrs I like it :thumbsup2:

RF4E Tigermeet

yn8bjg.jpg

Bex

That sharkmouth makes it look as though it's a lounge lizard, asking "Heeey baaybee, you come here often? What your sign?" ;)

:rofl: I like it :thumbsup2:

Small update, Port wing decalled completely topside, started on Port fuselage & EMI Pod is completed.

Thanks for looking

Bex

yu1ufh.jpg

yu1ufi.jpg

yu1ufx.jpg

yu1ufj.jpg

Nice work Bex, finish line next. :clap2:

JB.

Thanks both :thumbsup2:

Seamus, that Revell RF-4E kit is a great kit, for 72nd I think its well detailed. Ive learnt a helluva alot since I built mine (Dec 06) and in hindsight I wish I still had it in the stash instead of on the ceiling, but for a second model after 20 odd yrs I like it :thumbsup2:

RF4E Tigermeet

yn8bjg.jpg

Bex

Thats looks a quality build there Bex :thumbsup:

I have read its a nice kit, and it certainly looks the biz on the sprues :lol: My collection is missing a decent Phantom (sacrilege I know....) so I'm itching to get it started. That said, I've noticed on the next GB poll that the Phantom is doing quite well, so might wait to see what wins before building it..........if I can :wicked:

Keep up the good work on your build, she's almost there :thumbsup2:

Dear Bex: Your Phantom looks GREAT in the tiger paint..! :clap2: Why do I feel this urge to dig a Phantom out of the stash and a have a go w/it..? :beer:

Cheers,

ggc

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :thumbsup2:

Seamus, go forth and buy yourself another Phantom, you know you want to :hypnotised:

GGC You must not resist those urges :hypnotised:

Bex

I like that jazzy recon pod, too! I also think your Spey engined RF-4 is an interesting idea. I know you're not finished, however I just wanted to remind you to not forget the RHAW bumps on either side of the nose.

Hmmm, maybe I could've phrased that better, "RHAW bumps" sounds sort of icky. wicked.gif

Edited by silverkite211