31 Sqn RAF RF-4C Phantom

bexwh773

Here you can see the bits of wood used to stop the forward part of the wings from dipping into the fuselage and the cross member I fitted to spread the lower fuselage out and the filler used to fill small holes behind the cockpit rear bulkhead.

Thanks for looking

Bex

y6qebk.jpg

y6qebl.jpg

y6qebm.jpg

Blimey! Carpentry as well.

Phil

Here you can see the bits of wood used to stop the forward part of the wings from dipping into the fuselage and the cross member I fitted to spread the lower fuselage out and the filler used to fill small holes behind the cockpit rear bulkhead.

Thanks for looking

Bex

y6qebk.jpg

y6qebl.jpg

y6qebm.jpg

Is it an ex OAKlahoma ANG machine?

Phil

Thanks for looking

Bex

Will look very nice when it is SPRUCED up!

Phil

Thanks for looking

Bex

Ex OAKlahoma ANG machine?

Phil

Thanks for looking

Bex

That box lid brings back some memories!! Nice job on the resin, getting them fitted will get easier with practice, investing in a dremel type bit of kit really takes out the tedium of sanding. Keep it up!

Love it, I can CEDAR work that has gone into it!

Phil

Thanks for looking

Bex

Ex OAKlahoma ANG machine?

Phil

Thanks for the comments everyone :yahoo: She is definately making me work hard thats for sure.

Phil, the USAF Serial is: 58 - 594 with the tail lettering of JL

Bex

I'm becoming SYC(AMORE) of all these puns :P

Good work on the pit there Bex, looks good :thumbsup2:

Edited by Seamus

Phantom's makes me PINE for the old days.

Phil

Have I gone too FIR with the wood gags?

Phil

Ok Phil, you got me, I walked right into the OAKlahoma gag :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Im working on the intakes & splitters at the moment, and have just split my thumb upen with my knife :doh::doh: Lets just say theyre not the intakes from an RF-4 :whistle:

Bex

Splitters seems rather apt right now!

Phil

Im working on the intakes & splitters at the moment, and have just split my thumb upen with my knife :doh::doh: Lets just say theyre not the intakes from an RF-4 :whistle:

Bex

Splitters seems rather apt right now!

Phil

Very true, luckily just a small nip :doh:

Bex

Hi Bex,

Looking forward to seeing this one finished... would be interesting if the RAF did fly proper recon F4's....

how did the Aires cockpit fit into this old kit..... Probably better than the one i used in my current F-4D

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Bex,

Looking forward to seeing this one finished... would be interesting if the RAF did fly proper recon F4's....

how did the Aires cockpit fit into this old kit..... Probably better than the one i used in my current F-4D

Cheers,

Neil

Neil,

Part of my back story fits nicely with 31 Sqn's history & their Phantoms & Im looking forwards to showing the model with the story :yahoo: The Airies cockpit is as you well know a real pig to fit, I had to place a piece of plastic behind the rear bulkhead & use a drop of filler, had to cut a huge chunk out of the top of the front of the fuselage to get the Pilots IP to fit, plus they molded the kit cockpit to the nose gear bay so that was a hacksaw & sanding stick job and its now a very tight fit. I was begining to wonder if Id actually get it to fit. With the number of times Ive read your book cover to cover, you'd have thought Id have learned that using an Airies cockpit was a bad move :rofl:

Bex

Very true, luckily just a small nip :doh:

Bex

Should see the nip Orbit gave the vet! Right on the web bit between thumb & palm!

(Oh Bex,I have a couple of 1/48 SNEB's if you need them as well as 1000Lb'res & (I think) BL755's if you need any.)

Merv

Should see the nip Orbit gave the vet! Right on the web bit between thumb & palm!

(Oh Bex,I have a couple of 1/48 SNEB's if you need them as well as 1000Lb'res & (I think) BL755's if you need any.)

Merv

Ow do Merv, thanks matey, I'll remember that, got a few more Phantoms that are gonna end up as "Bexy SPecials"

Good Ol' Orbit, I like it :yahoo: KitKat used to bit the vets too, he didnt see the funny side of being stabbed :rofl:

Bex