Kfir C1

Time to get some nav lights.

photo151.jpg

I cut the leading edge with a little saw.

photo152.jpg

Then I get a few mm from a clear sprue.

photo153.jpg

Cut in two (Easier with a knife, better than a saw here).

photo154.jpg

Cut again at 90° angle.

photo155.jpg

Glue with some cyano, let dry.

photo156.jpg

Sand, and you get it.

photo157.jpg

While waiting for the cyano to dry properly, I've cut the fences on both right and left wing (Remember, it's a C1).

Edited by Antoine

Looking good Antoine :thumbsup:

You've done pretty well with the Shafrirs, considering what's in the box (I've got that kit myself)! You seem to have gotten the notch in the leading edge right too - was the book a good help?

And what's your plan?

A C2?

Which camo?

Not quite sure yet. The Hase kit (of which I have two) is quite a bit better IMO. I might butcher it into a C1. There's some massive sink-marks along the leading edge of the wings, inside of the dogtooth on mine, but nothing that can't be saved with some filler.

For a C2 and C7 I would like to have all the pylons and stuff, but I've only seen them from Eagle Designs and I'm not too keen on sending my money their way.

Anyway, a C2 would be in the ghost scheme, C1 in the old scheme and C7 in the F-16 scheme. Smashing Parrot, Midland and Arava squadrons respectively.

Not quite sure yet. The Hase kit (of which I have two) is quite a bit better IMO. I might butcher it into a C1. There's some massive sink-marks along the leading edge of the wings, inside of the dogtooth on mine, but nothing that can't be saved with some filler.

For a C2 and C7 I would like to have all the pylons and stuff, but I've only seen them from Eagle Designs and I'm not too keen on sending my money their way.

Anyway, a C2 would be in the ghost scheme, C1 in the old scheme and C7 in the F-16 scheme. Smashing Parrot, Midland and Arava squadrons respectively.

can I ask why the hase kit is better? I'm thinking of a kfir and the italeri kit is good but whats the hase like/

cheers, will

can I ask why the hase kit is better? I'm thinking of a kfir and the italeri kit is good but whats the hase like/

cheers, will

For my part, I can't say that there is one better than the other (I've also the Italeri one, which is destined to become a Cheetah two-seater with the help of Spinners conversion).

The haseg is a very good looking kit, quite simple to built, with good overall dimensions. The only real drawbacks is that all the panel are rised, and italeri's got the edge here with recessed panels.

photo158.jpg

A quick coat of alclad II Jet Exhaust.

photo159.jpg

And then, masking everything, with tamiya tape, and mr masking sol neo.

This masking sol, what a ####, nearly half of the bottle was already dry when I've opened it.

Does someone know what I can use to thin it?

Morning Antoine!

Love it, great work mon ami. My Cheetah D build stalled when it got to the re scribing stage. After seeing this, I might just restart it once I complete some of my armour builds.

Hello Dave,

I've cheated a little with re scribing, it was a little too much on the front fuselage for me, so I did only the main panels.

I should have tried it before starting the build.

I'll do it with the next kit in need of that kind of work.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get some surprises wth the first coat of paint, and that certain area will need another sanding session, as some rescribed lines look like Verdun or the Somme trenchs!

Time to start painting.

photo160.jpg

At first a coat of grey (I've choosed randomly grey FS36495, gunze H338), that will help me to find all the area were the surface is not smooth enough, or has been damaged. It also help to assess the result of the rescribing.

photo161.jpg

I must say that I'm very pleased with the overall result of the rescribing, but there are a few things to correct nevertheless.

Just have a look at the forward fuselage, both behind and in front of the air intakes.

Micromesh will enter the scene.

photo_10.jpg

I've used some mr surfacer 1000 to cure the "trenches".

photo_11.jpg

Let it dry.

And then, sanding, with the help of some newly acquired micromesh pads.

Very useful!

photo_12.jpg

Lion cub to the shower!

Clean up with some liquid soap and water, before the next coat of grey.

Next undercoat of grey.

photo_13.jpg

The area under the pit is now correct, but aft of the air intakes, the problem is still there.

I'll have another try at correcting it before applying the upper camo.

photo_14.jpg

On the undersite, I've added the DEFA's barrels, made of stretched sprue, with a copper spring.

And then, applied the first coat of blue FS35622 (Gunze H314).

Serious business is beginning.

Coming along nicely Antoine!

Something must be wrong with either the settings on my monitor or your photos, because the two colours (grey and sand) looks nearly identical :blink:

-or maybe it's because it's nly got one coat of sand on :banghead:

Which squadron are you planning on?

Looking lovely Antoine, as Martin says the sand looks barely different to the grey base coat from here :D , but I have to say the preshading on the underside is beautifully subtle and well executed, it will look gorgeous after a panel wash.

Well done, this is going to be a beauty :)

Coming along nicely Antoine!

Something must be wrong with either the settings on my monitor or your photos, because the two colours (grey and sand) looks nearly identical :blink:

-or maybe it's because it's nly got one coat of sand on :banghead:

Which squadron are you planning on?

Which squadron?

In the end, I've decided to build a C1, #709 from the Hornet sqn, in 1977.

Martin, there's nothing wrong with your settings, it's only me, as I'm far for being a master at taking photographs!

I've tried three or four times, with different lights and exposition to the light, but did not succeed, each time the sand looks grey on the pics, but not in reality.

And also on the pics you can only see the upper side, not the underside so it's not easy to compare.

I hope that we'll see some difference when I'll apply the brown and green!!!

;)

but I have to say the preshading on the underside is beautifully subtle and well executed, it will look gorgeous after a panel wash.

I hope so.

My intention is, before applying any wash, to work panel by panel with their base color (Sand, brown and green), with the addition of a drop of matt white, to "lighten" the paint.

For the pre shading, it really depend on the light, and the way you look at it.

When I look at it in the shade (Again a hot afternoon today, so the shutters are half closed), all the subtility is gone!!!

Have been watching this one for a while now, and i am really liking it!!! The sand does look grey, until you actually do see it compared to the underside, and then it looks perfect! A really nice subtle preshade! Well done mate! Can't wait to see the brown and green on! :D