MODERN ARMOUR GROUP BUILD

Guest snipersmudge

MODERN ARMOUR GB  

27 members have voted

1. 1. ANSWERS HERE

• yes
    • no

Guest snipersmudge

Hi all whilst perusing the armour sections I've noticed that people would like another armour group build, a modern one. so i propose that the build would include all vehicles from after WW2 to the present day encompassing all conflicts. I'd be happy to run it with another person as mod. what are your thoughts?cheers

Pete

Edited by snipersmudge

Quite tempted by a Korean War Centurion Mk.III.

Phil

Hi all whilst perusing the armour sections I've noticed that people would like another armour group build, a modern one. so i propose that the build would include all vehicles from after WW2 to the present day encompassing all conflicts. I'd be happy to run it with another person as mod. what are your thoughts?cheers

Pete

Guest snipersmudge
Yep very interested Pete, got the kit lined up as well.

I'm even up for giving you a hand with the moderating.

mish you are a star dear lady!!

Pete

Just to say that there was already a Cold War Armour GB

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showforum=108

so I would suggest (and I think this was the idea when the Modern Armour GB idea was first mooted) that it should be '91 onwards.

Guest snipersmudge

yes cheers Nev i forgot about the cold war group build, how about that then folks? armour from 1991 onwards?

your thoughts please

also how about a four month timeframe say from august to december this year

pete

Edited by snipersmudge

I'd say stick with the earlier broader idea of Post War to Today. Even though it is covering the same ground as the Cold War GB, it gives participants a lot more options.

Guest snipersmudge

yep on reflection limiting it to 1991 onwards is kind of limiting peoples options. i prefer the post 1945 onwards option as the chose is far greater and more interesting, e.g centurions, chieftains etc. also this has a greater time frame with multiple conflicts so we will say to hell with it and go with post 45 onwards chaps

cheers

pete

Guest snipersmudge

great! as i said there is plenty of choice, i for one have a few ideas for at least a couple of builds. i don't know how soon everyone would like to start but i think the middle of July sounds good with the build ending at the end of december?. as for rules i would say any scale model operational or experimental vehicles and the kits must be unstarted. out of the box or detailed if you wish and also on a diorama or base if you wish with figures as well.

I'm hoping to get some prizes sorted and organise a poll for the winners at the end of the build.

cheers

pete