Trumpeter 1/35 BR52 Kriegsmarine Locomotive kit

AnonymousER99

Hi all

Well I just took the plunge and bought one of these babies for half price on ebay just because I think its cool looking. Does anyone know if its reasonably accurate? It does not mention coming with tracks to display it on. I assume it does? Are there any aftermarket sets for it or even crew figures?? Its nearly 3 feet long so its a big beast isnt it??

Any help or advice from you land lovers would be greatly appreciated.

PS how bout build articles? Anywhere??

Cheers

Mike

Guest snipersmudge

hi mike, drool!! you lucky bugger getting one half price. there are loads of extra sets for this kit, eduard, cmk etc.as for figures there are specific ones for the kit as well. build up wise i would try millitary modelling mag i'm sure i've seen a build up in one issue. i'd do a qiuck search on the internet too i expect you'll find loads in railway modellers sites as well

good luck with the kit

pete

just found this

http://www.panzer-modell.de/referenz/in_detail/br52/br52.htm

Edited by snipersmudge

I have one in the stash and it is a lovely looking kit (in the box)

It does come with the section of track and sleepers to display it on.

I was going to buy the Eduard Big ED set for it but that is serious money! :analintruder:

Let us know how it turns out.

Craig.

This is a fabulous kit, gets my vote for best kit ever, only problem was with the multi piece base which curled up after gluing together but was pulled back flat with two pieces of wood and plenty of 5min epoxy! Also the joins on the base were tricky to disguise but the loco itself was an absolute joy to build. Added two modified figures from an ICM Tank Crew set which is considerably cheaper than the CMK figure set. Will do a better set of pics but include these two for now. MODeller

DSCF4201.jpg

DSCF4197.jpg

hi mike, drool!! you lucky bugger getting one half price. there are loads of extra sets for this kit, eduard, cmk etc.as for figures there are specific ones for the kit as well. build up wise i would try millitary modelling mag i'm sure i've seen a build up in one issue. i'd do a qiuck search on the internet too i expect you'll find loads in railway modellers sites as well

good luck with the kit

pete

just found this

http://www.panzer-modell.de/referenz/in_detail/br52/br52.htm

Pete...AWESOME link mate!!! Many thanks for that!! I found the Big Ed PE set and its ordered. I will also talk to Jiri (George) from CMK at the Nats and get me a set of figures!!

Cheers!!!