* Hurricane Mk.1

Greg B

Hot damn, that box art is to die for! This 1/48 lark is gonna cost me a fortune!

Will you be doing it as Gleed's machine?

peebeep

Yep, out of the box apart from the belts

Guest Guest

Hi Greg,

I used this very kit when building my Hurricane over on the Previous Builds thread. Things to watch out for are the well publicised wing underside/fuselage joint. It leaves a step and occurs right across a section of the ribbing on the fuselage. I found that rolling wet and dry paper into narrow tubes and sanding lengthwise between the ribs was the only way to eliminate it, followed by rescribing in the area.

Also, the wing leading edge has a lot of panels to insert, and a lot of them are tricky to fit flush. More sanding and rescribing needed there. The cowling pieces fitted well I found, but I attached them to the fuselage halves BEFORE closing up the fuselage as it made life that bit easier. I also replaced the moulded in navigation light on the rudder with a piece of rounded off clear sprue.

If you're using the kit canopy, don't bother too much with cockpit detail - the canopy is moulded in one piece and nothing will be visible inside! If you intend to cut the canopy to open it, be aware that the sliding portion will NOT fit over the fuselage spine. The only option for an open canopy is vacform. Watch out for the ejector pin marks in the undercarriage bay too, if I remember correctly.

Other than that, it's a nice little kit. I'm looking forward to seeing yours finished.

Hope that's some use to you,

Dean