* Messerschmitt Bf 109E / A.Galland : FINISHED

zero

..very nice work indeed...

just one thing .. .does the kit come with two canopies - I reckon you've got the earlier Dora-style canopy on ..

film extract..

galland.JPG

Edited by FalkeEins

Thanks Guys again for your comments

..very nice work indeed...

just one thing .. .does the kit come with two canopies - I reckon you've got the earlier Dora-style canopy on ..

film extract..

galland.JPG

Your totally right FalkeEins the canopy is wrong, and I will change it to the correct one shortly. ie was a Simple blunder on my part, and one made for not doing my research. Basically the instructions are non to clear, and just marked with part number and early and late. So of course I fitted the early one which seemed logical at the time (totally forgetting that of course these had been in service since 1935 and the spanish civil war!) so of course I should have fitted the later one, not the early one Doh

Fortunately all is not lost, as you can see I painted this canopy after the decaling was finished, and the thing is only held on with clearfix, so removal and refitting the right one is not a major problem, but I'll do it after I've finished the spitfire MkI/II I'm currently building now. Ho hum! :banghead:

325316330.jpg

The most anoying factor is, I have all the modellers datafiles, including the two Me 109 ones (early and late) and never looked at the once :shithappens:

Dave

Edited by zero