* Spitfire Mk1/2

Azgaron

Looks like this will be a great model. I love these larger scale plans..but I find it ahrd to display the 1/-48th stuff I ahve...so there is no way i can build any. Can;t wait to see some in-progress pics!!!

Sean

Thanks guys!

So it seems I can have either, maybe that's why the instructions didn't have any notes on which version. Then I think I'll go for the tube thing just to be different! :)

Dean, great pics, thanks!

None so far, but I'll have a thorough check in the weekend!

Sean, pics are coming aas soon as I got all the details and stuff painted, hopefully this weekend!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Gee that nice work!

your cockpit puts mine to shame, but I strive to get to that sort of standard!

Awsome, keep it up

Dave

Don't forget to drop the elevators. Important on spits.

And if you do, don't forget to position the joystick pushed forward to correspond with them - if you look in my cockpit you'll see what I mean. It's the little things that make the difference...

Cheers,

Dean

Thanks Dean! I'll better do that too! Btw I'm planning of having the pilot present, depending of he turns out!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Little by little, I'm getting things done! :)

spitfire_mk1_interior_sides_640x577.jpg

I did some wash and dry brushing, or at least I've tried to! Needs some more practice perhaps!

Next I'll go on with the seat and frame sections, and build up the rest of the cockpit!

Cheers,

Azgaron

A little bit more! :)

spitfire_mk1_cockpit_1_640x506.jpg

Now it's just the seat and some minor weathering left, and the pilot of course! :)

Cheers,

Azgaron

Little by little, I'm getting things done! :)

spitfire_mk1_interior_sides_640x577.jpg

I did some wash and dry brushing, or at least I've tried to! Needs some more practice perhaps!

Next I'll go on with the seat and frame sections, and build up the rest of the cockpit!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Hi Azagaron,

I see you're having the door open. Don't forget to fill those cut-outs either side as shown in the pic attached.

Hasecockpitfix.jpg

This kit was mastered to be built with a closed canopy, hence those cut-outs. Two more points; no crow-bar as they weren't fitted until later and don't fit the door too close to the fuselage side - check some pics and you'll see the door doesn't fit flat.

Dave

Edited by Dave Gibson

Dave, thanks for the tip! I actually never thought of if I should have the door open or not! I've heard this about the crowbar before. Is it the thing/rod/handle that go on the inside of the door that's supposed to be omitted (part A8)?

Thanks Stebos! :)

Cheers,

Azgaron

Dave, thanks for the tip! I actually never thought of if I should have the door open or not! I've heard this about the crowbar before. Is it the thing/rod/handle that go on the inside of the door that's supposed to be omitted (part A8)?

Thanks Stebos! :)

Cheers,

Azgaron

Hi Azgaron,

It's the diagonal metal rod which is usually (and incorrectly) painted red.

Regards,

dave

Thanks Dave!

So it's the rod moulded to the door I need to remove! That looks like some extra work ahead, sanding and filing!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Thanks Dave!

So it's the rod moulded to the door I need to remove! That looks like some extra work ahead, sanding and filing!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Dead easy,

Carefully cut it into small pieces with a curved blade and then scrape out the residue with the same curved blade. 5 minute job. :)

Regards,

Dave.

Great tip Dave, thanks!

Now I only need to get a knife with a curved blade! :) Or maybe just the blade if I can find the handle!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Todays stupid question:

What is the lever (handbrake lookalike) to the left of the seat?

Cheers,

Azgaron

Thanks Dean!

The reason I asked, is that the question was brought up on another forum!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Progress ain't going fast, but I've done some more on the cockpit!

spitfire_mk1_cockpit_testfit_1_640x480.jpg

spitfire_mk1_cockpit_testfit_2_640x480.jpg

Need to do some minor touch ups! Now I'll fix the position on the pilots arms and start painting him! :)

:cheers:

Azgaron