* Messerschmitt Bf110 : EpGr210 Machine / FINISHED.

AndyL

Thanks for the kind comments. I've cracked on, got it decalled, slathered it in Phils dark wash, cleaned it and matt coated it. I've also built the exhaust stacks - fiddly beggars. My advice, get the set by Quickboost - less hassle. All that leaves is fixing the glazing (its only posed on there at the moment), add the undercarriage doors, aeriels, and the mg's in the nose. Then paint up the figures to go with it. Sorted. Well sort of :D

Picture033.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by AndyL

Just decided to paint up a couple of the figures which will go with it on the base I've got lined up. They're from Elan Miniatures ( and I think, Elan are defunct) but rather nice. The second figure is in a rather 'camp' pose, but he'll be leaning on a table, not mincing :lol:

Picture036.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Thanks for looking.

You're doing a fine job there Andy, she's coming along a treat. :thumbsup2:

I've got a few of those Elan figure sets stashed away, waiting 'til my figure painting skills improve and I agree, they are very very nice.

Looking forward to seeing this one done matey. ;)

Andy

You'll need to paint over the nose badge. EpGr210 machines did not have a white background, that appeared on SkG210 aircraft a year later. The Red British Isles and yellow gunsight were painted directly onto the camo. See below.

EpGr210badge.jpg

W

Edited by Wolfpack

""The second figure is in a rather 'camp' pose, but he'll be leaning on a table, not mincing ""

...Mince on Herr Luoitner..!!! :analintruder:

Seriously, your figures look great and will certainly add to the viewing of your 110...!

Cheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

Andy

You'll need to paint over the nose badge. EpGr210 machines did not have a white background, that appeared on SkG210 aircraft a year later. The Red British Isles and yellow gunsight were painted directly onto the camo. See below.

EpGr210badge.jpg

W

Double bugger....darn you Wolfpack for pulling the rug from underneath me!! Again :D Nah, seriously, I'll sort it - though after purloining the badge from my old Aeromaster BoB set, they must have been wrong. Looks like a paint over session and make some new ones on plain decal sheet. Thanks for pointing that out. I know there are a few artistic licences with this build but I'd rather get the badge right . You know, I even have the John Vasco book on the unit, and the badge is shown many times - not once did it click in my brain. What a numpty, eh? ;)

And thank you all for your kind comments and input.

Andy

Edited by AndyL

Picture040.jpg

Ayup Andy,

A really good job you're doing there, and I mean it. Mind you that second figure seems to look like a bit of a poofter if you don't mind me being non-PC. I'm sure there is a valid reason for his posture. :kissing2:;)

Regards,

Dave.

Wotcha Dave - yeah there's a good reason for his pose. He's just propped there but will be fixed in place when on the base with the aircraft, and two other figures. This is just how far I've got him. And thanks for the kind comments too - much appreciated!

Picture045.jpg

Right, thanks to Shiloh, aka Sean who generously posted me some clear decal sheet, I've now started to draw out/paint some unit badges for the 110. Looks like they're going to be a bit overscale, but the nearest size template I can get to the original in 1/48 is 5/32. So armed with technical pens and india inks, off I go!

Picture061.jpg

Cheers Sean :D

Nearly there - just need to rig the aeriel, and fix the upper part of the canopy in place, then it's done! Will post a few more pics later, but here's one to be getting on with

Picture060.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Right, a few more pics before I declare it finished...

Would I build another? Despite wanting to kill it many, many times, yes, as I now know what it could throw at me. I'd buy a set of Quickboost exhausts for ease too. I, like many others wasn't happy with the fit of some components and assemblies, and this kit has made me realise my model making is a bit crap really, but it certainly has given me a work out for the money I can tell you. Despite what I have written, I don't want to put anyone off buying, or building one. The level of detail is superb, but a bit fiddly and over engineered in places, but when you get paint on it, and some of Phils dark wash, that detail comes to life and makes it all seem worthwhile. I've purloined a background, and I'll re photograph it, on its designated base, with the figures, to place in the gallery later. Thank you all for your kind comments - they've been much appreciated.

Picture064.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Hi Andy,

That's turned out to be a nice build after all the trouble you had. A good clean build that stands out and looks plausible.

What I really like about it is that you haven't made it look like a quilt: so common in builds these days. You've achieved what you want to achieve without going to such extremes.

Regards,

Dave.

Edited by Dave Gibson

Mish, Smiffy, and Dave - thanks for the comments, and yes the arm is much better now :D

I've completed the base - it's on an old turntable, with plastic sheet and strips of balsa for the wood planking. Static grass applied over thinned pva glue, and the boards painted in acrylics and washed with oils, and later brushed with pastels...

Picture100.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Figures added to base -

Picture107.jpg

Then, one finished Bf110 added with a couple of figures. I picked this scheme because of the story behind the loss of this Bf110. Shot down on September 6th 1940 by P/O Dibnah of 1 Squadron , the aircraft crashed at Crowhurst. Gefr. Ernst, the gunner bailed out and survived, but the pilot Uffz. Gerhard Ruger was killed. What makes it sad was that Gerhard Rugers remains were 'disposed of' by Canadian troops, and he lies somewhere in the field where his 110 crashed.

The finished item, the rest of the pics posted in the gallery. Thank you all for having a mooch.

Picture104.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Edited by AndyL