* Messerschmitt Bf110 : EpGr210 Machine / FINISHED.

AndyL

Made a start by masking all that glazing (thank goodness a set of pre cut masks are included in the kit) and then a mass spray session with RLM 02 over loads of parts. I'm happy with it so far.

Home115.jpg

Bloody hell mate you're leaving me in the dust, all I managed today was the a few pieces of the cockpit on my 110. I tell you that throttle quadrant is a real pain to set right.

Great progress Any keep it up

Cheers

Bit of progress so far - front office done - just need to add the straps to the seat.

Home125.jpg

Wings together, and I'm now working on the nacelles and the rest of the cockpit. Detail has been picked out with a Paynes Grey pinwash just to give it a bit of depth.

Home127.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looking good so far, Andy!

Very nice looking pit, but I wonder, is the plane up in the air, as at least one of the instruments seems to indicate that?

Cheers,

Azgaron

Looking good so far, Andy!

Very nice looking pit, but I wonder, is the plane up in the air, as at least one of the instruments seems to indicate that?

Cheers,

Azgaron

Banking right it seems..

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..

Great work so far matey.

Edited by dylan the rabbit

Looking very very smart mate!! Makes me want to buy the Royal class edtion!!! Keep it up!! :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Thanks all...and yes, the artificial horizon is a bit wonky...I certainly wouldn't like to take off with one showing like that :lol:

I've just gone cross eyed putting the handles on the 20mm cannon drums...meh...no more today!!

Right, it's nacelle time, and they don't fit too well. May be down to my lack of skill building them in the first place, but here's what the nacelle to upper wing joint looks like. Much filling and sanding required I think! So, it may be a bit of a heads up for my fellow 110 builders...

Home129.jpg

Edited by AndyL

Guest snipersmudge

hi andy, from what i've read and seen this is a common problem with the kit so it's not just you

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Pete...now I know but it seems to be a problem with this kit. However, thouse building one will have to watch the following:

The fit of parts C16 and 24 which are the front walls of the undercarriage bay, as they can foul parts J22 and 16 which protude from the roof of the bay itself. I had large gaps at the top where the engine cowling joined the wing, and at the rear of the nacelles where it joined close to the trailing edge.

The wing halves need a bit of care getting together, and you'll need to file/sand the tabs where they go into the fuselage otherwise they won't fit.

Just waiting to get the cast off my arm and to crack on with a bit of building!

Right, it's nacelle time, and they don't fit too well. May be down to my lack of skill building them in the first place, but here's what the nacelle to upper wing joint looks like. Much filling and sanding required I think! So, it may be a bit of a heads up for my fellow 110 builders...

Home129.jpg

:weep: Mummy.

I agree Irwin, it's one of those assemblies where you fit it again and again before you glue. But there still is a margin for error - see the pics in their unfinished state.

Home132.jpg

Home133.jpg

Observant!

Or maybe my bench isn't level! :D

Mish - to be brutally honest, I'd say that the state my kit is in, is partially down to it's own flaws, and a good chunk of it down to my rubber fingered, ham fisted attempt to build the thing in the first place!!

Right, a few cockpit assemblies before sticking them all together, and the port side of the fuselage with a thin Paynes Grey pin wash on it. Managed to do a bit with the cast on my arm, but can't wait to get the fecker off! Thanks for looking :D

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Andy: Your detailing is looking very nice...that Eduard kit looks impressive, I have one of their "uber" Fw-190's that will need building soon...

Cheers,

ggc

Just been playing round with the nose section of this kit, and have decided not even bother with fitting all the gubbins in the nose gun bay area, but be warned, the fit of the nose section to the fuselage isn't very good. Neither is the fit and alignment of the fuselage. When you fit the bar which holds the gunners mg saddle drums, just trim the end that mates to the port side of the fuselage, as left as is, it pushed the port side out. To align the fuselage halves, it's going to be glue and tape one section at a time to get it right. I'm not too sure about the fit of the insert which holds the mechanism for the gunners MG either...

For one moment this afternoon, it nearly ended up in the bin :rant: