Jump to content

* Messerschmitt Me109E: FINISHED


GoonerChris
 Share

Recommended Posts

'No darling, I'm interested in history. There is a difference. Death is a by-product'.

I also bought 'Battle of the Bulge' and 'The Eagle Has Landed'. Hmmm, she may have a point.

I think you'll be hard pressed to excuse The Eagle Has Landed as "history"... Fun, though!!!!

bestest,

M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you'll be hard pressed to excuse The Eagle Has Landed as "history"... Fun, though!!!!

bestest,

M.

Ah yes but......the story is based on fact. There was a scheme dreamt up to take out Churchill. It just never happened. German intelligence was thoroughly penetrated in this country by XX and those who did not wish to be 'turned', were shot as spies. So you can guess the rest.

It is a good film. Larry Hagman's performance is, um, unforgettable. Caine, Duvall and Sutherland are exceptional. Shame it took Jack 20-odd years to write the sequel.

Anyway, back to 109.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi there.

Just a quick update on this one as I haven't posted for about a month.

Nothing significant has happened as the contents of the utility room have been stored in the dining room for the last few weeks, as it was being knocked down and rebuilt. Now that is complete, I can carry on, with luck.

Just thought I'd tell you as you may have forgotten me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Finally got down to some work on this.

The tailplanes and struts are now on.

The underside and fuselage have been repainted in Lifecolor Hellblau which is a better colour than the Revell pot I had.

The wings were fixed last night. On waking up this morning, there are gaps the size of Monserrat Caballe at the wingroots. I've used the filling properties of Revell Contacta glue to help remedy this. Now have to leave it another 24 hours.

A repaint of the dunkel and schwarzgrun on fuselage top and at wingroots to do as well as attachment of the canopy and that should be it. A few coats of klear, then decal time. My thanks to Andy for supply of the 'symbol that should not be named' for the tail area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On doing a test fit of the prop assembly I've found the engine is slightly skewed in the engine bay. Hence it's off centre. All I can think to do is file off half of the shaft that fits into the engine. There is no way I'm opening up the fuselage again plus with the ill-fitting cowling covers, the prop backplate doesn't look flush either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I've been working like a beaver this week and apart from putting on the canopy and antenna, I'm done.

It's not as good as I'd hoped, but it's completed.

Another to add to the list once I post the pics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm nearly there.

The problem is with the instrument panel. It needs clamping forward somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok people. It is complete.

Here are a couple of pics:

2008_11020001.jpg

2008_11020002.jpg

I've had many dark hours with this kit and I implore all of you, never, ever build this kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers Mish.

It looks a damn sight better in the pics!

Oh I forgot. A few words of thanks:

Paul Parkes: for the yellow 2 and shield decals he made for me. Paul, I finally finished it. It's only taken 18 months.

Pingu: coloured wire for the engine

AndyL: for the swastika decals

Edited by GoonerChris
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...