some cold war cartoon

Johnny Red

Hi fellow modelers :) , I just fancied a laugh at some old 80's cartoons, and then I thought of my fellow oldies out there who might remember them to, sorry if they are in the wrong place

img090.jpg

img089.jpg

img091.jpg

img092.jpg

img093.jpg

Laugh? I nearly bought me own beer!!!!!!

Bloody marvelous, thanks

Ian

[They are part of a Royal Marine one off publication from the Falklands War, these ones were left out. The writers fee and part of the publishers profits went to the South Atlantic Fund.

They were originally published in a book called 'Up the Falklands' IIRC. The cartoonists were all Royal Marines who were part of their model making and cartography section believe it or not!

How do I know this, well one of them 'Spider' Webb was a friend of my old mans and I can remember meeting him a couple of times before the conflict as a nipper.

The sales of the books (there was a sequel) went to the charity fund for the conflict.

As for me, I was most dischuffed, for my 10th birthday I was supposed to spend a week at RM Poole with my old man, bloody Argentinians put paid to that one! Gits! :shithappens:

There were two volumes, and I have both! Dunno which member of the Manning family Billy is/was, Charlie has the Felixstowe branch.

Ah yes, you're right sir, it was indeed Charlie Manning. I've been in exile out West too long! ;)

Edited by MikeC