* Hurricane Mk I :85 Sqn :Sdn Ldr P. Townsend :FINISHED.

Erwin

• 2 weeks later...

The nickname wooden wonder normally applies to the Mosquito.On this site the name applies to one of Erwin's balsa models.Looking good so far.

Joined the fuselage and wing.And added the VAC nose...

hurr-5.jpg

Dylan(theRabbit)is kindly sending me the decals from the Airfix 24 th Hurricane to finish it in the 85 Sqn plane flown by Sqn Ldr Peter Townsend.

55474.jpg

Edited by Erwin

Ready for painting.

I first coated it with grey to see where I needed to do some more filling. Sanded it all smooth again.

Before you all jump into your pens. I know the exhausts are not correct. But they were the only once I had that come close to 1/28 th scale.

hurr-8.jpg

Before you all jump into your pens. I know the exhausts are not correct. But they were the only once I had that come close to 1/28 th scale.

Erwin my friend,

Firstly, youre doing a brilliant job on this wooden wonder :thumbsup2: Ive not seen anything like it before :worthy::worthy:

Secondly, its your model, and if those stubs are all youve got to hand then stuff the Rivet Counters, just ignore them :thumbsup2:

Bex

Erwin my friend,

Firstly, youre doing a brilliant job on this wooden wonder :thumbsup2: Ive not seen anything like it before :worthy::worthy:

Secondly, its your model, and if those stubs are all youve got to hand then stuff the Rivet Counters, just ignore them :thumbsup2:

Bex

Thank's Bex.

Those " stubs" are from the 1/32 nd Revell Typhoon kit. I will also use the LG and doors from that kit.

Great work there Erwin.

I've got a confession to make. I still haven't posted the decals yet. Our little one's been keeping us awake at night for the last week, so I'm like a zombie at the moment and am forgetting tons of things.

I'll get them in the post tomorrow. Promise.

Nick

Erwin: That's looking like a proper Hurricane..! Nice paint application...!

Cheers,

ggc