* Messerschmitt Bf 110C

darson

Here is where my build for the Battle of Britain GB can camp out until construction begins in a couple of weeks time.

I'm planning on doing the Eduard 1/48 Bf 110C built OOB to IPMS competition rules.

BoxContents.jpg

I can't wait to get my hands on this baby :thumbsup:

Edited by darson

Mish from what I've heard it's not really a bad or hard kit to put together it just needs a little extra attention in some places particularly when fitting the engine nacelles to the wings.

If you haven't already, check out Brett Greens downloadable build guide for the Eduard 110, which can be found here. Even though it's for the E model, it's still a very good reference for building and painting an Eduard Bf 110.

Btw Mish and Andy what scheme are you guys going to do? I'm still undecided but it's between the box art and the one with the bumble bee nose art.

Cheers

Thanks for the link Darren, as for colour schemes I've no thought about it. It would be good if we all did something different. How many choices does the kit have?

Hmmm says he quickly flicking through the instructions, there's five options but one is for pre Battle of Britain and one is for Nth Africa so that leaves us one each :analintruder:

Cheers

Well, I'm not doing one of the in box options if that's any help to those wanting to do one. I'm planning one from another unit. Just need to rummage through my spare decals box to see what I can come up with.

This GB is out to get me! First the lizzie had no decals and instruction (now sourced)and now when going through the box contents of the 110 last night I'm minus the PE bits.

anyone know what my chances are of getting a replacement from Eduard and how I go about it?

Edited by Mish

This GB is out to get me! First the lizzie had no decals and instruction (now sourced)and now when going through the box contents of the 110 last night I'm minus the PE bits.

anyone know what my chances are of getting a replacement from Eduard and how I go about it?

Ok Mish have you looked carefully in the instruction booklet and under the decal sheet as it's only a small fret and can easily slip under something.

I have no idea how you would go about getting a replacement sorry but on the bright side all Eduard kits are made to be built with either the styrene or PE bits so you still have a buildable kit even if you cannot find the PE.

I've just looked at my fret and if I lost it about the only thing I would replace would be a set of generic German seatbelts from Eduard, the rest I could live without.

Sorry but hope this helps a bit.

Great, one more Bf 100 of the same brand! That's nice! :)

Mish, nice to hear that things are turning out alright with the PE!

Cheers,

Azgaron

Well I made a start on the Bf 110 on the weekend and man are there a lot of tiny little pieces in this Eduard kit. Even though I spent a good three hours on the kit so far cleaning and gluing sub-microscopic bits of pieces of styrene it looks like I've done absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately to add to my normal ten thumbs modeling I managed to slice a large chunk into my left index finger with a vegetable peeler on Saturday :wacko: which is making it even harder to hold those little buggers now.

I'll take some snaps when there is actually something reasonable to see.

Mish I'm glad to hear that you're getting that PE fret taken care of, I'll be looking forward to checking out your build when it gets going.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

OK then I thought I had better get the camera out and demonstrate that I am actually building this kit rather than just talking about it.

These photos were taken tonight following a wash or lamp Black and Raw Umber and the shine is due to the coat of Future I gave it yesterday to help the wash and to protect the paint. Tomorrow nights tasks will be wiping off the excess wash and flat coating the whole thing followed by the start of detail painting and PE.

Bf110CBuild1.jpg

Bf110CBuild2.jpg

Bf110CBuild3.jpg

Bf110CBuild4.jpg

Bf110CBuild5.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by darson

I was beginning to wonder if it was the Eduard Me 110 kit that induced the lengthy thread with little progress (dig dig Mish ;) ), until I got towards the bottom of the page and saw PROGRESS!!!! :partytime: I just love what you've done to those poor people's eyes & mouths! :lol:

I was beginning to wonder if it was the Eduard Me 110 kit that induced the lengthy thread with little progress (dig dig Mish ;) ), until I got towards the bottom of the page and saw PROGRESS!!!! :partytime: I just love what you've done to those poor people's eyes & mouths! :lol:

:blush: err yes that was just me testing the paint (read being a tool) for a Spitfire seat