Battle of Britain class loco

seanrgb

There's a gag about a tender behind somewhere.....

It's worth replacing the handrails and putting some glazing into the cab, I'm sure there used to be off the shelf super detail kits, perhaps a proper railhead will chip in .

Enjoy the kit, I'm sure you'll be chuffed with it!

• 1 month later...

Hey Hammer King :wicked:

Hows ya kettle coming along? Been a bit quiet recently, or is this down to the more serious and painful issues? If its the latter, I hope it sorts itself out soon my friend :thumbsup2:

Bex

Hey Hammer King :wicked:

Hows ya kettle coming along? Been a bit quiet recently, or is this down to the more serious and painful issues? If its the latter, I hope it sorts itself out soon my friend :thumbsup2:

Bex

Oh I've put it to one side for the moment , last few weeks i've been unable to sit still long enough without my back aching

plus also I have a P-40 plane thats been bugging me on my shelf

So to get myself all motivated again ..i've stripped all the paint off and going to give that a re-paint :analintruder:

Which loco are you planning to build I may be able to supply proper running numbers and etched nameplates with fully detailed crests.

H

Well I think this ones the Biggen Hill loco ... as for the plates I'd be interested ..You don't have the rear ladders

the kit version was total s***e so i have sanded all those off

But hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon

Oh I've put it to one side for the moment , last few weeks i've been unable to sit still long enough without my back aching

plus also I have a P-40 plane thats been bugging me on my shelf

So to get myself all motivated again ..i've stripped all the paint off and going to give that a re-paint :analintruder:

Good for you Sean, sorry to hear youre still getting grief, but good luck on the P-40, looking forwards to seeing it finished :thumbsup2:

ATB

Bex

• 2 months later...

Are you getting anywhere with this 'un Sean? I got the same loco - in an Airfix box I think but it may be the Dapol, can't remember - which I could knock together quickly for Telford.

I'm a big Bullied BofB/West Country class fan so would enjoy the challenge - I think I've got some Fox decals for the orange/black loco and tender lining also somewhere. Let me know where your at buddy.

Cheers

Al

swanage2.jpg

Hey Sean,

Any chance of an update? You pull this beauty off and I promise I will stop a certain tool grief forever :yikes:

Bex

Hey Sean,

Any chance of an update? You pull this beauty off and I promise I will stop a certain tool grief forever :yikes:

Bex

I tossed it in the bin by accident :shithappens: I put it in the box with the hobby boss Mirage :banghead: which I decided I couldn't be bothered to finish and threw it in the old bin

I then realised after the dustman had taken the mirage ..the Loco that just needed green paint and decalling was also in the box ..so basically it got binned :rofl:

Bex, if I was to tell you the fate of this build, you wouldn't believe me. :whistle:

Suffice to say if anybody is up for building one so that we can show one of these at Telford, feel free. If I get time I might try it myself.

And, no, it didn't get the hammer treatment. :fraidnot: , but it might as well have! :)

peebeep

Damn, he beat me to it!

:rofl:

I tossed it in the bin by accident :shithappens: I put it in the box with the hobby boss Mirage :banghead: which I decided I couldn't be bothered to finish and threw it in the old bin

I then realised after the dustman had taken the mirage ..the Loco that just needed green paint and decalling was also in the box ..so basically it got binned :rofl:

Ooops that was a daft thing to do :doh: Well atleast it didnt get Hammertime :yikes::rofl:

:sorry:

Bexy

Mind you It wouldn't of been at SMW anyway as I'm not going :rofl: ... so looks like I cut out the middleman :analintruder:

Oh and as for the P40 I tossed that into the bin as well :rofl:

:rofl: Sean what are we gonna do with you :hmmm: Especially as Dearest Mental has started posting models now :yikes:

Bexy

Well ok as you asked all these were tossed into the bin

1/32 MIG 29 I'll allow that

1/32 SPITFIRE I'll allow that

1/32 HURRICANE YOU COULDA GIVEN IT TO ME

1/32 ME109 G YOU COULDA GIVEN IT TO ME

1/48 LIGHTNING YOU COULDA GIVEN IT TO ME - I DONT LIKE YOU ANYMORE :tease:

1/72 WELLINGTON I'll allow that

OH 1/32 F15E I'll allow that

1/35 LeClerc I'll allow that

1/35 Challenger2 I'll allow that

I had great fun smashing them up :analintruder:

Well ok as you asked all these were tossed into the bin

1/32 MIG 29

1/32 SPITFIRE

1/32 HURRICANE

1/32 ME109 G

1/48 LIGHTNING

1/72 WELLINGTON

OH 1/32 F15E

1/35 LeClerc

1/35 Challenger2

I had great fun smashing them up :analintruder:

So, is this where the British saying..."SMASHING..!" comes from...??

Cheers,

ggc