Jaguar T.2

Looks great Pappy! :goodjob:
Excellente Pappy!

very nicely done and a fantastic save on the paint botch.

can I ask, what did you use for the RBF streamers? did I miss it somewhere in your thread? They look really good mate!

Thanks very much.

G'day Mike,

The rbf streamers are pretty hi-tech, I used wine bottle foil cut into thin strips.

The streamers on the drop tank pylons were first draped over the jugs and glued in place before being painted in situ. I also dirtied up the bottoms of some of the streamers eg the tail hook to give a suitably grubby look that they would acquire from being in a dirty spot.

The two streamers on the nose pitot probes actually make the probe attachment stronger as they provide a bracing effect. The probes themselves have only a small contact patch.

cheers,

Pappy

Very nice looking Jaguar! Very nice work and excellent rescue too, Pappy!

Cheers,

Azgaron

G'day Greg,

Thanks very much for that. I needed a quick build to ward off a bout of AMS that was setting in with the mirage build. I see that yours is nearly done, it is looking pretty good too,

cheers,

Pappy

• 12 years later...
On 6/17/2008 at 6:34 AM, mikeew said:

Excellente Pappy!

very nicely done and a fantastic save on the paint botch.

can I ask, what did you use for the RBF streamers? did I miss it somewhere in your thread? They look really good mate!

G'day Mike,

I find most RBF streamers way overscale, I used small strips of wine bottle foil (hiccup) as it is very thin and will hold its shape whilst also being very malleable and bale to conform to compound shapes. These strips were simply painted red. In real life these are usually variable in terms of condition and vary between pristine and filthy dirty depending on what part of the jet they are fitted to. They can also vary in colour due to sun fading and the material they are made from as some are cloth like and others use a synthetic material which tends not to fade so much

cheers,

Pappy

21 hours ago, rodenlee said:

Beautiful work Pappy and a classy save!!

Cheers

Shaun

Thanks very much Shaun

21 hours ago, Jobbie said:

Awesome work, Pappy. Great recovery, too. 

cheers Bob!