Trunks - Dragonball Z

Paul B

Another character from the Anime / Manga Dragonball Z. This one is Trunks wearing a Saiyan combat suit.

The figure is roughly 17.5cm high and was a single cast piece of white resin. E2046's work shop had done a good job of removing the seem lines from the piece, leaving only a small amount of prep work to be done.

Straight out of the packaging...

trunks1.jpg

Mr Hobby resin primer (brushed on) is good for hiding smaller surface imperfections in the more difficult to clean areas...

trunks2.jpg

Rear view...

trunks3.jpg

Primed and sanded down with Tamiya's P2000 abrasive paper, smooth...

trunks4.jpg

Applied a base coat of white, then used Zero-paints Yamaha Gauloises Extreme Blue as the main colour. A light sand between layers, then once fully dry it was wet sanded with P2000 paper...

trunks5.jpg

Three progressively lighter coats of the Yam' Blue were added for the high lights. Each successive layer covering a smaller area. No dark shading was done...

trunks6.jpg

Both this one and the Simca kit are roughly at the same stage, so I will be able to spray them along side each other.

Love the use of the Yamaha M1 MotoGP paint!! I've looked through your other posts.....you're very good. Inspirational. It's great to see something different being built.

I have a 1/100th MG Z'Gok in my collection to build.. :coolio: